Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Patrick9915

Tool belts

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

You guys have any recommendations? I just pulled mine from the basement and the rawhide is all beat up and I guess dry rotted. It's just no good anymore.

Not bad considering it used to be my dad's and it's probably 40 years old. We got our money out of it.

Looking for something not too expensive. Don't need all the bells and whistles. Somewhere to hang a hammer and a screw gun.

I'm an amateur, not a carpenter by any sorts but I do use a tool belt when working around the house and when I picked a tool belt out, I picked a belt with pouches I could easily get my hands in and just stash tools. A few hangers were good too. Don't know what brand I got. Got it HD. Added one accessory, a holster for the cordless drill. Suits my needs.

I will check out HD soon. I have a feeling it's going to be all flashy bags made out of featherweight space age rip stop nylon and nothing like the old rawhide and leather deals that I'm used to using.

I always use the good quality leather belts. They last for a long time and they soften with age. I also use suspenders to hold the belt on. Easier on the back over time and easier to move around in general.

For most remodeling efforts, I prefer an electrician's leather tool pouch. Very similar to the one pictured below. It holds just the tools I regularly use. Hammer belt hook is separate. Other tools are close at hand. I don't care to have 50 lbs of tools hanging around my waist. I use my double-pouch carpenter's belt only when I need to carry nails and/or screws in addition to certain tools. Works for me.

10-466_250.jpg

I use half of the Occie framers rig, just the tool pouch. You can get one with two small mail pouches and one big one for about $75. Add a hammer loop and a nice wide leather belt and life will be good again.biggrin.gif

If you want one of the brassiere type that dumps your nails and stuff when you kneel, go to Sears, There is a pretty nice one with the Craftsman label on it. Just wear it behind you and you will be fine.

Most lumber yards, at least the ones up here, carry a few that are up to snuff too.wink.gif

Avoid HD, they are not your friend.

View PostI will check out HD soon. I have a feeling it's going to be all flashy bags made out of featherweight space age rip stop nylon and nothing like the old rawhide and leather deals that I'm used to using.

cwm27.gif Okay cwm27.gif

Settle down there Francis. cwm27.gif

I just happened to have my rig at home inside tonight smile.gif

Here's it covered in Versatrim dust

Picture_549_Small_.jpg

It's two different bags, and a pouch. One of the main reasons I love this rig is this hammer "sheath".

It holds my hammer steady and out of the way. I hate metal loops (they hurt ya), and leather loops (wear out) are the worst of all.

Picture_550_Small_.jpg

The other bag has/had a speed square pocket. As you can see it's worn out. But IMHO, any bag/rig without a speed square pocket aint worth nothin' to me.

Picture_551_Small_.jpg

Okay, that bag is pretty good looking. The only thing I don't like is the width of the belt. I like something a little wider. Tends to keep the storage from flopping around. What are the pouches made of?

buckett boss,those are good belts,especially if you are a lefty,has a sweet spot for a speed square for left handers,the only problem I had is that the belts seem to move all around on you,other than that nice belts,has alot of pockets for little items,matt