Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James3shin

Van Staal Service - Thumbs up

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

I just got a call back from Rivers End Tackle, actually it was Craig Cantelmo from Van Staal, to tell me that they would be upgrading and repairing the bail on my fathers VSB150B for no extra charge.smile.gif

Just wanted to let you guys know about this pleasant experience with Van Staal Customer Service.

View PostI just got a call back from Rivers End Tackle, actually it was Craig Cantelmo from Van Staal, to tell me that they would be upgrading and repairing the bail on my fathers VSB150B for no extra charge.smile.gif

Just wanted to let you guys know about this pleasant experience with Van Staal Customer Service.

Good to hear a positive VS thread!icon14.gif

Craig Cantellmo is a MAJOR asset to VS.He always has returned my phone calls in less than a day.

As far as these Rivers End guys,well my wife sent her 150 in a few weeks ago & got the reel back in 10 days & the reel came back feeling better than when it was new!! And It's the 1st time in 4 years I got the parts they replaced back.

Not to hijack but my question seems relevant to the thread . . . . for out of warranty service, can you send your VS directly to Rivers End in CT or do you still need to go thru VS to access their (RE) service?

Hearing of the terrific VS repair service thru Rivers End it seems logical to go to them directly especially if there is no under warranty work being done on the reel.

My older VS is in need of some drag servicing that I would rather not tackle

on my own (no pun intended).

View PostNot to hijack but my question seems relevant to the thread . . . . for out of warranty service, can you send your VS directly to Rivers End in CT or do you still need to go thru VS to access their (RE) service?

Hearing of the terrific VS repair service thru Rivers End it seems logical to go to them directly especially if there is no under warranty work being done on the reel.

My older VS is in need of some drag servicing that I would rather not tackle

on my own (no pun intended).

Goutman, the VS I sent in was out of it's 1 year warranty service, and I sent it directly to VS. On the VS website is a form that you send in with your reel, the basic service fee $49.95 + Return Shipping. I'm not sure if you can send your reel directly to Rivers End but I'm sure you can give them a call and see what they say.smile.gif

There was an invoice show on this forum that included the service charge + labor charge + parts.

Now lets say there you have a broken anti-reverse or a damaged drag, would one be able to send the broken part in and avoid the basic service charge and just pay for labor and parts?

Second question along the same line. Can you give VS or Riversend the entire reel and ask them to repair but do not replace any seals then what is in the service kit in order to avoid the service charge and just pay for labor and parts ?

It appears from the post some time ago you get charged twice for labor similiar to what some mortgage companies were doing to their customers if you get my drift.

This is what I'm talking about, see the double labor cost. Maybe it was done on a hoilday or weekend for double time or maybe union labor cost to cover two men for the same job that one can accomplish, just kidding.

View PostSome of you guys were wondering what parts VS changed in my reel. Here's a copy of work order

wetaline_VS_bill.jpg