Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
g2h

What are some of your fishin' related winter projects

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

With all the fishing we were doing, some more than others, i know i put off alot of fishing related projects until winter came. What are some of your fishing related projects ya got going on now that winter is here?

• throughout the summer i bought a few milk crates and central vac pipe to make plug holders. not completed

• i've got 4-6 tackle bags of stuff i need to re-sort. not completed

• have to replaced trebles and refinish some plugs. not completed

• eel tank/ storage system

• pimp my kayak

i could go on and on, might be time to actually get working on this stuffredface.gif

View PostBuild and install a Pogi Livewell on the boat and install a new commercial 1000 watt fishfinder on the boat biggrin.gif .

Armand

New Lowrance and rip the carpeting out of the boat and throw down some heavy duty bedliner type paint anyone got any suggestions on paints for a freswater striper boat?? Something durable like roll on bedliner but lighter in color to keep from getting blistery hot in the summer.

Repaint some plugs

make up teasers

Clean and grease reels

Drop off a couple of rods to Zim to re-wrap

replace hooks on my plugs

make up new Sluggos

make new bucktails

Make up some new strategies

new line on reels

order more hooks,snaps and swivels

View PostNew Lowrance and rip the carpeting out of the boat and throw down some heavy duty bedliner type paint anyone got any suggestions on paints for a freswater striper boat?? Something durable like roll on bedliner but lighter in color to keep from getting blistery hot in the summer.

You can use Urathane Paint. add some texture to it if you want.

Armand

View PostNew Lowrance and rip the carpeting out of the boat and throw down some heavy duty bedliner type paint anyone got any suggestions on paints for a freswater striper boat?? Something durable like roll on bedliner but lighter in color to keep from getting blistery hot in the summer.

Look up durabak, haven't used it but it comes in a plethora of colors. I also believe that rhino comes in colors. Tape it all up and go to a local rhino dealer and have him spray it for you. Probably not as expensive as you think. Scott

getting around to building a big box of plug blanks,tearing down my reels,degreasng them,rgreasing them and reassembling.

tying up my leaders for the season,sharpening my blades,cleaning up the rods and washing out my bags/boxes.

I am sure some here have much longer lists,,,

H-H

Acquire a bunch of new gear

Clear out unused or underused gear

Change spikes in Korkers (done)

Return leaky waders to Orvis, get new ones (done)

Rebuild a handful of reels (mostly done)

Send VS150 to Rivers End for service

Fresh line on all reels (mostly done)

Tie up leaders, bait rigs

Some other stuff I'm forgetting

Buying selling and trading pretty much everything I own. Them Building rod tubes for all the rods that came without tubes in the afore mentioned deals. building a profile plate for my vise. trading some more. and leveraging my soul to the devil for new gear.