Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slayer

I lost my radio station today

Rate this topic

46 posts in this topic

Now what?

After 24 years as a Modern Rocker, Press Communications has flipped 106.3 WHTG-FM Eatontown, NJ and simulcast partner 106.5 WBBO Bass River Township, NJ to CHR as "Hit 106″. The station is using the satellite-fed "Hits Now!" format from Dial Global Networks.

For many years, WHTG as "FM 106.3″ was considered one of the most influential Alternative stations in the nation under then-PD Matt Pinfield. The station was sold to Press Communications in 2000 and relaunched as "G106.3″ and later "G-Rock Radio".

What a crappy end to a crappy Monday.

Oh, this won't due. cwm13.gif Not at all.

There is another new station around 101.9 or thereabouts, but nothing close to 106.3. I've been listening to them, and the ones before them, for close to 20 years.

This sucks.

Well at least KoQ understands.

It was on this morning, the DJ was talking about being on mornings the rest of the week. I wonder if they had any idea?

I guess they had to do something since only me and Mike were listening.frown.gif

yeah i am so pissed....... first my #1 radio station 89.5 wsou changed formats from pressure from alums and school officials............. and now this crap with 106.3....... it happened for me out of the blue. i was listening to it yesterday on my way to my mom's and back with out a clue... put it on this afternoon and it was some kind of sheep music on....

guess i'll have to save the money up finally and get a media player.......... the world is coming to an end people prepare yourselves.......

View PostOr save some $$ and get Slacker instead.

Did you buy one of the Slacker players or do you use a Blackberry? It looks like a replacement to the horrible stations available here.

View PostDid you buy one of the Slacker players or do you use a Blackberry? It looks like a replacement to the horrible stations available here.

I bought one of the G1 portable players that Woot was clearing out for $45. I also use the webplayer quite a bit. They just released a client for the iphone too.

That Sucks...As soon as my wife and I cross the Driscoll we put that station on.We started listening to GRock because a couple of the jocks came from up here.My wife always listened live on the web at home and at work.She had it on yesterday when I left to go watch the Ari/Phil game.I just asked her about it now she said that explains why they were playing crappy assed music today.