Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cabo2005

Best paint roller pad?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

I hate having little splotches on the ceiling after rolling. Crap from the pad drives me nuts. I am talking new roller pad, plastic pan liner and new gallon of paint and the imperfections are still there. Anyone using a pad that doesn't shed? Spent the extra dough last week and bought the Wooster brand and it was as bad as the cheapies.

Thanks for the help,

Cabo

Wooster is good. Purdy white dove is better.

What you neglected to do was remove the loose fuzz before rolling.

Put your new roller sleeve on the roller frame. Take your masking tape and pull off your height in tape without tearing it off. Drop the full roll on the ground and hold the end of the tape in 1 hand at eye level. Use your other hand to roll the roller up and down on the sticky side of the tape untill all the fuzz has been collected on the tape. Repeat if necessary.

Unless your paint had boogers in it. In that case you'll need to strain it. For single gallons you can buy paper cone filters at the paint store. I buy them 20 at a time. Great for airbrushing. wink.gif

I've seen brand new paint that needed to be strained.

View PostWooster is good. Purdy white dove is better.

What you neglected to do was remove the loose fuzz before rolling.

Put your new roller sleeve on the roller frame. Take your masking tape and pull off your height in tape without tearing it off. Drop the full roll on the ground and hold the end of the tape in 1 hand at eye level. Use your other hand to roll the roller up and down on the sticky side of the tape untill all the fuzz has been collected on the tape. Repeat if necessary.

2nd that ^

use lambs wool- a few more bucks but leaves a better finish, holds more paint, less splatter and cleaning them out is 3x faster than a synthetic roller cover. also, like Sparky said always use the tape to get the loose fuzz of the new roller cover or your first couple of rolls the stickiness of the paint will pull them out and deposit them where you are painting. I also second the straining part. Even if the can was put in the shaker at the store if had been sitting long the snots inside build up. It takes 5 minutes but its worth it to do it prior to starting rather than waitnig until you get down to the bottom where it all accumulates .

Purdy White Dove - short nap. Virtually lint free, roll on tape like suggested and you'll paint booger free! PS- some of the boogers may be dried paint layers coming from the can, the edge of the pan, or the roller itself.

try wrapping the brush, pan and the roller with saran wrap between coats. you can go days between coats and not have to clean up until you finish!

Surfs up - gotta go!!! (first coat on the kitchen took 3 hours!) that's a full day of work out here!