Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim DE

Got my DE license today ...something new

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Last year they started the paper license's and trout stamp which I thought was cheezy for a licensing agent location as I did like the old actual trout stamps but this year after you get the license you have to go to a web site and get a FIN number as well and post that on both the license and the trout stamp. No real big deal as it only takes a minute or two to complete the procedure but i hope they use the info we supply them to help our fisheries.

Got my PA non-resident fishing license and trout stamp as well and they do supply a firm stock material license but no trout stamp either. Guess the wildlife artist who compete for the stamp programs for states will soon be SOL. Saw some SE PA trout streams seasons will open the same time as DE's this year.....that should help decrease the pressure on the White Clay Creek in DE this year.

Got to see REAL snow sticking to the ground as well on my ride up there to Kennett Square. Re-entered DE and it was like someone turned off the snow switch frown.gif

View PostGot to see REAL snow sticking to the ground as well on my ride up there to Kennett Square. Re-entered DE and it was like someone turned off the snow switch frown.gif

You mean you don't like the cold, brown death that is DE?

I hear ya. I miss the snow as well...

View Post

Got to see REAL snow sticking to the ground as well on my ride up there to Kennett Square. Re-entered DE and it was like someone turned off the snow switch frown.gif

I live about 6 miles from the DE line, and we got almost 3 inches of powdery snow. Just enough to take the boys out sledding.

Snow is just a funny way to spell work. Had about an inch down here thia a.m. and it's melting fast and I'm glad of it.

Jim I thought those questions for the FIN were a joke. Seems just a way to differentiate/count FW/TW/Ocean fishermen. Nothing about harvest like's on the HIP questionaire for migratory gamebirds.

Agreed Plug .... I'd be willing to bet that next year there will be more questions and the following even more till finally they will be asking more invasive questions.

Had eight inches on my back deck after the weekend. It was eleven below on my back porch this am. I was sick of winter in October and I'm really sick of it now. Come on seventy degrees!!!!!!!!!

wow now the trout stamps too... soo sad. i mean its great to be able to reprint a license and have access to it 24/7 but i never had the opportunity to own one for myself. i have a few of my fathers chessy bay stamps from before i needed a license. by the time i needed to buy one, they stopped using em. i wished theyd bring them back. im gonna go post on the chessy bay section with some pics.

View Postthis year after you get the license you have to go to a web site and get a FIN number as well and post that on both the license and the trout stamp.

I just purchased my non-resident DE license... and there was an option for me to request a number between 40000 and 90000... but the DNREC site didn't specify that this was to become my FIN #, so I let it assign me a random #.

Anyway... the printed license has the number 40397 in BOLD at the top. Is this now my FIN#?

Not sure of this year, but when I ordered my license and trout stamp online, they would send me the actual trout stamp at the end of the year. I got my 2008 stamp about a week ago.