Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Does anyone actually believe that race relations will change?

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

I keep hearing people talking about what huge leap forward this election is regarding race relations in this country. I wish people would shut the hell up. How is this supposed to help?

I can see it empowering and encouraging many black people to do better by themselves and their country. It will also have a positive effect on an international level imo.

Not until race is no longer a category on a employment application or census questionnaire. People need to be judged by ability and not pedigree.

Can't see what will change simply because Obama is Pres.

At this point, does anyone even get the feeling that he's black or just the next President? Most of the country, at least from what I see, is over the whole race thing long ago, except for the ones that make a living at it. At least in my neck of the woods, guess I shouldn't speak for the whole country.

I also believe people dislike other people in this country for social reasons, not racial.

If your a bigot, your a bigot. Can't see Obama changing that.

View PostI can see it empowering and encouraging many black people to do better by themselves and their country. It will also have a positive effect on an international level imo.

Anyone who needs to be motivated by an election is probably not likely to succeed anyway.

Why should it matter in the eyes of the world? If we are to be applauded for electing a black president (the applause only come cuz of race)then we should be ridiculed for electing someone based on race.

View PostBecause we have a half-black president?

Your question is politically incorrect biggrin.gif

It Should be " Because we have a half African American President?"

Your a bigot biggrin.gif

And why not?

"Because we have a haf white President" biggrin.gif

View PostYour question is politically incorrect biggrin.gif

It Should be " Because we have a half African American President?"

Your a bigot biggrin.gif

And why not?

"Because we have a haf white President" biggrin.gif

One thing I've never been accused of, is being PC. smile.gif

I did not vote for OB for other reasons but just prior to the election I thought that possibly... a large precentage of white voters, after pulling the curtain shut, away from cameras, neighbors etc might default into Not voting for him because he was black.

It was momentary thought and obviously it didn't happen. Therfore if he Obama does well, my feeling is no longer can the excuse of oppression, slavery and bigotry be used by the black comminty of how they can not successful. These reasons I feel have long expired any usefullness. Those that do will reflect badly on themselves and be left behind. The actual election of him sends a positive message to the world-of look what we did!

look what democracy and freedom affords

View PostAnyone who needs to be motivated by an election is probably not likely to succeed anyway.

Why should it matter in the eyes of the world? If we are to be applauded for electing a black president (the applause only come cuz of race)then we should be ridiculed for electing someone based on race.

No elbows please smile.gif but there is much written and spoken as of late relating to my post.

View PostAnd therein lies the problem.

Bigot biggrin.gif

This bull about race black, white, green, yellow its kooky.gif , its dumb, and a bad excuse for anything.

I dont go around complaining that because I am white I can not get on wellfare, or some other government assistance program, wile blacks, hispanics have no problem in doing so biggrin.gif