frog lures

bluefish1928thing

sizmic is the most versitile frog in the planet it kicks is weedless and has a popper mouth. Dont tell anyone I told you.

(**The artist formerly known as 'stcroixaddict')
Blue fish overwinter in the core of the earth, accessed via deep ocean trenches. Here they do the devil's work and, in exchange, get their teeth sharpened.

View Postsizmic is the most versitile frog in the planet it kicks is weedless and has a popper mouth. Dont tell anyone I told you.

It's too light. All my other frogs cast further than a sizmic. I have the floating one with the cupped lip and I wasn't impressed with the action. Needs 3/16 oz. more weight and it would perform better. I guess it wouldn't float then! redface.gif

View PostThat's because Dean Rojas (B.A.S.S. Pro Angler) designed it in association with Spro. It's nothing but a gimmick to get you to pay 2x-3x more a frog. It's not the lure, its the fisherman. You can make a cabelas frog do the same thing as a Spro frog and catch just as many fish for less money.

Like I saidI dont own one I traded in the weeds and lilly pads of jersey for rocky points and submerged timber of North Georgia. My topwater boxes are now filled with spooks, chug bugs, buzzbaits, and an assortmant of other hardbaits.

My name is Terry and I am a fisherman!

joker I never had an issue with it fishing 30 lb braid one either a baitcaster or a spinning rod.

(**The artist formerly known as 'stcroixaddict')
Blue fish overwinter in the core of the earth, accessed via deep ocean trenches. Here they do the devil's work and, in exchange, get their teeth sharpened.

Scum frogs work the best for me. If you decide to try these I would suggest bending the hooks up slightly, this will give you a better hook-up ratio. Even with that you are probably looking at a 30-40% hook up ratio. The great thing about frogs is that even when the bass misses them, or you miss setting the hook, your heart still gets pumping fast...LOVE frogs!

Zoom horny toads are killer. You can twitch them along the bottom, twitch them in the middle of the water column, or twitch them on the surface. I also use them like a buzzbait. They sometimes flip over on the cast but they seem to perform the same on either side. I do wish they were a little tougher but i think they're still worth it. Just dont get the hooks that are made for them with the spring, these come apart way too easily. Use 3/0 or 4/0 wide gap hooks instead.

for the other kind of frog i use a spro which has yet to catch a fish but it hasnt been hit by a bass yet and its very hard to catch a pickerel on one. ill get like 3 hits from the same fish but i cant hook it.I dont know if its me or the frog.Despite being smashed many times the frog has no rips, only some scratches. The reason i havent caught a bass on this frog is because most of my confidence is in the horny toad so i throw that where I know the bass are.

fish and they will come

View PostZoom horny toads are killer. You can twitch them along the bottom, twitch them in the middle of the water column, or twitch them on the surface. I also use them like a buzzbait. They sometimes flip over on the cast but they seem to perform the same on either side. I do wish they were a little tougher but i think they're still worth it. Just dont get the hooks that are made for them with the spring, these come apart way too easily. Use 3/0 or 4/0 wide gap hooks instead.

for the other kind of frog i use a spro which has yet to catch a fish but it hasnt been hit by a bass yet and its very hard to catch a pickerel on one. ill get like 3 hits from the same fish but i cant hook it.I dont know if its me or the frog.Despite being smashed many times the frog has no rips, only some scratches. The reason i havent caught a bass on this frog is because most of my confidence is in the horny toad so i throw that where I know the bass are.

How do you get bass to bite a submerged frog? All of mine, including the horny toad, have little to no action if you "twitch it" I find the legs are a bit too stiff and require some water passing under to really move them. I say this because I was fishing a horny toad then I saw a 5lber right in front of me not a foot away. I drop the toad and the bass looks at it and just swims away. The frog fell with little action and to be honest if I were the bass I would have rejected it too. All of my fish, every single one, while fishing a frog were on the top.

View PostZoom horny toads are killer. You can twitch them along the bottom, twitch them in the middle of the water column, or twitch them on the surface. I also use them like a buzzbait. They sometimes flip over on the cast but they seem to perform the same on either side. I do wish they were a little tougher but i think they're still worth it. Just dont get the hooks that are made for them with the spring, these come apart way too easily. Use 3/0 or 4/0 wide gap hooks instead.

I don't own any spros so i dont know what the hooks look like, i primarily use scum frogs. The hooks on the scum frogs are very thick and beefy making them harder to drive home after a fish hits it. Factor this is with having the patience to wait a few seconds for the fish to get the frog in its mouth and bite down enough to expose the hook and you can see why the hook up ratios on frogs are so low, fun nevertheless. You can try throwing a stick or creature bait right where the fish exploded or the hole it came through in the matted weeds, sometimes you can get the fish like this because it beleives what he just hit is injured and falling in the water column making it an easy meal.

View PostI don't own any spros so i dont know what the hooks look like, i primarily use scum frogs. The hooks on the scum frogs are very thick and beefy making them harder to drive home after a fish hits it. Factor this is with having the patience to wait a few seconds for the fish to get the frog in its mouth and bite down enough to expose the hook and you can see why the hook up ratios on frogs are so low, fun nevertheless. You can try throwing a stick or creature bait right where the fish exploded or the hole it came through in the matted weeds, sometimes you can get the fish like this because it beleives what he just hit is injured and falling in the water column making it an easy meal.

One thing that I found important was maintaining a very sharp set of hooks. Usually I'd be using the top water frogs in heavily weeds or lilly pads. I doesn't take long to loose some hook sharpness.

Some people just can't help being anoying.