McNabb and Akers throw rest of team under the bus

Rate this topic

John D

View PostI am sure you meant to say "FOUR" miraculous exceptions since he won FOUR road games against the best defenses in the NFL, including the "unbeatable" Patriots in the games biggest stage--the Super Bowl? Correct?

Why should I pay attention to Eli's 4 playoff wins when you guys refuse to acknowledge McNabbs 9?

What the heck is going on here. Eagles fans were supposed to be happy with this season.

Weren't they "Playing with house money"? like I saw repeated over and over just a few weeks ago.

Giants fans are the ones who should be brutally crushed by the way their season ended up.

Personally I don't really care all that much, but I was rooting for McNabb to get that ring Belichick stole from him.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

View PostWhy should I pay attention to Eli's 4 playoff wins when you guys refuse to acknowledge McNabbs 9?

First, are you admitting to being dishonest or was it inadvertent?

Second, of course I acknowledge ALL of them (where did I dispute it?) since it supports my argument that McNabb has consistently demonstrated over the years that he simply cannot win the BIG game--he chokes on that stage. Facts are facts.

View PostFirst, are you admitting to being dishonest or was it inadvertent?

Second, of course I acknowledge ALL of them (where did I dispute it?) since it supports my argument that McNabb has consistently demonstrated over the years that he simply cannot win the BIG game--he chokes on that stage. Facts are facts.

You dispute it with your double standard. About 5 posts ago you credit all 4 playoff games in 2007 to Eli as BIG games. Above you say McNabb simply cannot win the BIG game. Hard to have this discussion when your definition of big games are "games Eli has won and games McNabb has lost"

If your assertion is simply that Eli has a ring and McNabb doesn't, I'll humbly concede. What can I say, a fact is a fact. McNabb's 21 points against the Pats didn't get it done, while Eli's 17 did.

But your assertion seems to be that Eli is clutch while McNabb is a choke artist. When I look at the facts, I see a 4-3 record in "win-or-go-home" games versus a 9-5 record.

But who are we both kidding. They're both playing golf right now. wink.gif Oh, and Philly still knocked NY out of the playoffs this year. beers.gif

View PostYou dispute it with your double standard. About 5 posts ago you credit all 4 playoff games in 2007 to Eli as BIG games. Above you say McNabb simply cannot win the BIG game. Hard to have this discussion when your definition of big games are "games Eli has won and games McNabb has lost"

If your assertion is simply that Eli has a ring and McNabb doesn't, I'll humbly concede. What can I say, a fact is a fact. McNabb's 21 points against the Pats didn't get it done, while Eli's 17 did.

But your assertion seems to be that Eli is clutch while McNabb is a choke artist. When I look at the facts, I see a 4-3 record in "win-or-go-home" games versus a 9-5 record.

But who are we both kidding. They're both playing golf right now. wink.gif Oh, and Philly still knocked NY out of the playoffs this year. beers.gif

WRONG. The only game that matters in football is the ability to win the Super Bowl. Eli won it, and the games leading up to it, through extraordinary circumstances and has proven he can win the big one against the odds. Come talk to me when your puke artist can do the same. Eli has to show consistency. McNabb has to show he has heart. Tell me which is the most glaring deficiency.

thats it!! i declare all eagles recievers to carry guns! EVERYWHERE!! and andy ried must order new helmets with stick-um shmeared all over them! ! !

id still rather have warner over either of the two of them! whats this his 3rd sb? go get em kurt!!! just think the midgets got rid of him!! cwm13.gif

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion 

View PostWRONG. The only game that matters in football is the ability to win the Super Bowl. Eli won it, and the games leading up to it, through extraordinary circumstances and has proven he can win the big one against the odds. Come talk to me when your puke artist can do the same. Eli has to show consistency. McNabb has to show he has heart. Tell me which is the most glaring deficiency.

Nah. I'll be too busy celebrating. But, if the following year, the giants beat the eagles in the playoffs but later lose to an unrelated team, I'll be sure to start a dozen gloating threads about it. biggrin.gif

View PostNah. I'll be too busy celebrating. But, if the following year, the giants beat the eagles in the playoffs but later lose to an unrelated team, I'll be sure to start a dozen gloating threads about it. biggrin.gif

ok, "Mr What If"--you let me know when you earn that right to gloat about having a Super Bowl MVP as your team's QB biggrin.gif

View Postthats it!! i declare all eagles recievers to carry guns! EVERYWHERE!! and andy ried must order new helmets with stick-um shmeared all over them! ! !

id still rather have warner over either of the two of them! whats this his 3rd sb? go get em kurt!!! just think the midgets got rid of him!! cwm13.gif

until the last two weeks, when's the last time you even thought about Warner?

View PostWhat the heck is going on here. Eagles fans were supposed to be happy with this season.

Weren't they "Playing with house money"? like I saw repeated over and over just a few weeks ago.

They beat the Giants twice in the Swamp. They'll take it. cwm27.gif

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

View Postuntil the last two weeks, when's the last time you even thought about Warner?

i always root for the underdog! i thought he was a good qb since his time with st lou. not his fault the giants built a team for eli after kurt was gone! and before shockey and barber were still cancer to the team.

-Hey dumbass it's not about a kill or no kill tournament, it's about how much your 2nd favorite club can mug you! That's it...

-the reports thread is the yenta section for NJ..  

-If’n ya cut yer teeth on Ava and teaser fishing please take a seat in the back and keep quite… 

-is monkey see monkey do fishing even fun..?? 
-yes I still fish with mono..  On occasion