Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John D

McNabb and Akers throw rest of team under the bus

Rate this topic

101 posts in this topic

I have not been following post game comments and local Philly media, but I have read on other sites that Akers basically threw the rest of the team under the bus when criticized for his missed kicksand McNabb said something along the lines that he wished his defense played better in the clutch so he got the ball back with enough time left on the clock. Is this true?

For the record, McNabb got the ball back with 3 minutes left and he proceeded to throw 4 straight incompletions--that is the difference btw Eli and McNabb. First, Eli generally OWNS the 4th qtr in pressure situations and when he does have one of those inconsistent (ie, crap) games, he will never throw the team under the bus.

View Postcwm27.gif Here we go:

Akers says blame for loss not all his

By Frank Fitzpatrick

INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

GLENDALE, Ariz. - The questions about the kicks he missed in the Eagles' season-ending loss kept coming at him today like angry blitzers.

Shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot as he stood in front of his locker, surrounded by the silent lament of a losers' dressing room, David Akers would avoid one question, evade another, answer some two or three times.

And still they came.

Finally, Akers had taken one too many verbal kicks.

"I missed two kicks. And I made two," he said, his dark eyes narrowing, his words becoming more pointed. "I'm not going to say I was the worst thing in the world. . . . I'm going to take my blame. But I'm not going to let people try to slap me down. Like I was awful. I missed a couple kicks. But I made some. I'm disappointed in the ones I missed and happy for the ones I made.

"But I'm not going to take the blame for the whole loss here. It was four points."

cwm27.gif

View Posti blame that all on the wide outs! if ya cant get open and cant catch balls that hit ya in the hands its not the qb's fault!

Only on the pass to Curtis. Prior to that McNabb overthrew a wide open Jackson down the middle and threw behind Avant(irc) on the 3rd down.

View Posti blame that all on the wide outs! if ya cant get open and cant catch balls that hit ya in the hands its not the qb's fault!

McNabb missed more open receivers than any QB should be allowed.He was short,long,behind,you name it.Another blown opportunity led by Donovan.

And I loved every minute of it.biggrin.gif

View Post

For the record, McNabb got the ball back with 3 minutes left and he proceeded to throw 4 straight incompletions--that is the difference btw Eli and McNabb. First, Eli generally OWNS the 4th qtr in pressure situations and when he does have one of those inconsistent (ie, crap) games, he will never throw the team under the bus.

Right, that's why the Giants were arranging thier family vacations yesterday instead of playing the Cardscwm27.gifkooky.gifcwm27.gifkooky.gif Eli is a mediocre/average QB!

yeah and lewis dropped one down the sideline and baskett dropped one over the middle... yada yada. 2 bad passes doesnt make up for a whole game of recievers that were blanketed on single coverage! kooky.gif they need a stud reciever! dont really care about spreading the ball around to 5 or 6 so so guys. and a TRUE fullback and halfback would be nice too. west could maybe get a little space to run if a lead blocker open up holes.

"Eli generally OWNS the 4th qtr in pressure situations and when he does have one of those inconsistent (ie, crap) games, he will never throw the team under the bus."

Eli is just a scared little boy in his locker room, of course he won't open his mouth and throw anyone under a bus because he'd be afraid someone would literally toss him under one. All Eli can do when he see's his team is playing like sheet is throw on his pout face, hang his shoulders low and roll his eyes around on the sideline....Of course maybe last week was just that time of the month for him.....

John

View Post"Eli generally OWNS the 4th qtr in pressure situations and when he does have one of those inconsistent (ie, crap) games, he will never throw the team under the bus."

Eli is just a scared little boy in his locker room, of course he won't open his mouth and throw anyone under a bus because he'd be afraid someone would literally toss him under one. All Eli can do when he see's his team is playing like sheet is throw on his pout face, hang his shoulders low and roll his eyes around on the sideline....Of course maybe last week was just that time of the month for him.....

John

grapes-print.jpgsmile.gif

View PostMcNabb missed more open receivers than any QB should be allowed.He was short,long,behind,you name it.Another blown opportunity led by Donovan.

And I loved every minute of it.biggrin.gif

Couldn't agree more but's thats how he plays and when they win he won it and when they loose it's never McChoke's fault always someone else and then Reid agrees.

Fishtale--that is your opinion, which you are certainly entitled to--but your standards must be pretty high considering he has a Super Bowl MVP trophy and ring from last year in his trophy case. wink.gif

How many rings and MVP trophies does McNabb have? How many years has McNabb been in the league? wink.gif