Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skate Bait

Fail or succeed

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

View PostWhich one of the following statements do you feel most accurately reflects your sentiments?

This poll is so effed up it's ridiculous.

There's a HUGE difference between disagreeing with policy direction and wishing someone to fail outrightshakehead.gif

I would like nothing more than to see him succeed in carrying out the duties of the Presidency. However, his rhetoric makes it very clear that he wishes to act, and encourage Congress to act, outside the scope of their Constitutional powers - at this I wish him to fail.

View PostI would like nothing more than to see him succeed in carrying out the duties of the Presidency. However, his rhetoric makes it very clear that he wishes to act, and encourage Congress to act, outside the scope of their Constitutional powers - at this I wish him to fail.

VERY WELL SAID I AGREE

I'll put it this way.... I very much are whether the United States succeeds or fails. Whether Obama succeeds or fails - not so much because he's one person and what someone on the far left might consider "great success", I might not consider so much a success and what someone like me might consider a great success, someone on the far left not so much.

So I don't care if Obama succeeds or fails so long as the United States succeeds and thrives. Obama, like any other president, is transient and will only have a place in the spotlight for a limited time. He can make mistakes and we can still, as a country thrive. He can make brilliant moves and we can still, as a country suffer. Contrary to the bullspit we've had to hear for the last 8 years, the president isn't responsible for personally fixing everyone's problems.

Obama's personal success just isn't any concern of mine and his success as a president is too subjective for us all to be talking about the same thing. Let's just say I wish him no harm and I hope he has an easier presidency with fewer crises than George Bush had.