Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beachbum73

WTB: Manual Bail Kit for Penn 750

6 posts in this topic

I have been looking for quite sometime for a manual bail kit for the Penn 750 series, everytime I have seen the post on here for them they are already all sold...I guess I snooze I loose, so if anyone has ANY new or used collecting dust let me know. Thanks!

Dude, just cut the bail wire off. Follow these directions and you will be fine.

Snip the wire at the roller side with a pair of diagonal cutters, the closer the better. Unscrew the chrome cap opposite the roller side and remove the wire. Screw the chrome cap back on. Take a nice sharp file and file down the little nib of bail wire that is left on the roller side from when you snipped it with the cutters. Clean and lube the stock roller.

I used a 750SS set up like this for years and caught hundreds of 20lb fish using both mono and braid. It always worked flawlessly.

View PostDude, just cut the bail wire off. Follow these directions and you will be fine.

Snip the wire at the roller side with a pair of diagonal cutters, the closer the better. Unscrew the chrome cap opposite the roller side and remove the wire. Screw the chrome cap back on. Take a nice sharp file and file down the little nib of bail wire that is left on the roller side from when you snipped it with the cutters. Clean and lube the stock roller.

I used a 750SS set up like this for years and caught hundreds of 20lb fish using both mono and braid. It always worked flawlessly.

Or You can Drill it out, its much cleaner

IN THE KNUCKLE WERE THE BAIL WIRE GOES IN ON THE SIDE AND THE LINE ROLLER POST STICKS OUT, THe OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE LINE ROLLER POST IS A SMALL DIMPLE, THATS REALY A PIN TO HOLD IN THE BAILE WIRE IN, ON THAT SPOT YOU DRILL,

picture of were to drill

P1010008.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0