Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slingin Eels

To All Eagle Fans.....

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Yes you beat the Giants in the playoffs but you beat yourselves once again. I personally feel for McNabb. Watched him since the Syracuse days. It's time for him to let it go and find another team. He has won eight playoff games this decade, never lost his first playoff game in any season. Despite his tank running out of gas in the Super Bowl, he still has to go down as one of the best of this decade. Philly fans you are looking at another Dan Marino. Maybe he wasn't cut out to win the big one. There is hope, commercials with his mommy.

I knew with 2:30 minutes left and Mcnabb with the ball we were toast. Saw it ohhh sooo many times........Ball up high, ball behind the receiver, ball in the dirt, etc.........Its like a vice is around his next squeezing the life out of him!!

View PostI knew with 2:30 minutes left and Mcnabb with the ball we were toast.

Bird Nation feels your pain. Rest my son, McNabb will be gone next year to ease your pain.

View PostBird Nation feels your pain. Rest my son, McNabb will be gone next year to ease your pain.

Not so fast. The Eagles have already announced that both Reid and McNabb will be back next year.

Here's to another splendid you are complaining from the Beagles fans. rolleyes.gif

Definitely sounds like both Reid/McNabb will be back. I'm fine with that, but would love to see the playbook kept out of Reid's hands from week 1 next year.

The window has definitely not closed. 16 of the 22 eagles that started Sunday's game were not on 2004 superbowl starting roster. 12 of those 22 have been in the NFL less than 4 seasons. The 05-07 seasons were frustrating overall, but during a span where they managed to play .500 football, the team was almost completely rebuilt.

No reason they won't contend again next year.

View PostDefinitely sounds like both Reid/McNabb will be back. I'm fine with that, but would love to see the playbook kept out of Reid's hands from week 1 next year.

The window has definitely not closed. 16 of the 22 eagles that started Sunday's game were not on 2004 superbowl starting roster. 12 of those 22 have been in the NFL less than 4 seasons. The 05-07 seasons were frustrating overall, but during a span where they managed to play .500 football, the team was almost completely rebuilt.

No reason they won't contend again next year.

More excuses Maybe next year should be the team solgan, you can put the play book in anyones hands and McNabb still won't complete passes and he will still choke. A true dihard Eagles fan Bob_E (see above) admits McNabb will never get the job done. Allot of his stats comes from his favorite play dump off to Westbrook.

View PostMore excuses Maybe next year should be the team solgan, you can put the play book in anyones hands and McNabb still won't complete passes and he will still choke. A true dihard Eagles fan Bob_E (see above) admits McNabb will never get the job done. Allot of his stats comes from his favorite play dump off to Westbrook.

It wasn't excuses. It was looking forward to next year (which is all that 31 teams are left with every Feb) and being optimistic about a good young squad in place around a few key veterans.

Maybe McNabb won't ever get it done. But it's an inarguable fact that you can't win it all without first getting to a championship game, so since I'm unaware of a sudden surplus in the market of available championship-game cailber QBs, I'm happy to stick with McNabb for now.

Oh, and until I see the credentials giving you the authority to decide who is and isn't a diehard fan, I'll still think of myself as one. wink.gif