Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

This hotel is disgusting

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Summer of '07 I was driving up to Maine for work and got so tires that I had to stop and get some rest. The only place that I could find was this nasty Super 8 on the border of ME and NH. It was gross. Even worse, I had quit smoking about 2 months earlier and all they had was a smoking room. I figured that as long as I didn't smoke in it there would be no difference. Boy was I wrong. The sheets stunk like cigarettes. I almost gagged. If I hadn't been so tired I would have split. The next day I found a cluster of hotels a few blocks away with a Comfort Inn and a Marriott. redface.gif

View PostYou think it's bad now? Turn on a blacklightupck.gifcwm31.gif

Yup. It's even on the alarm clock. Not to mention that glass of water you're drinking.

When you pay in cash make sure you don't leave the counter without your receipt! Don't fall for the "Well, I'll send it up to you later" crap. I did at a Super 8 in South San Francisco and got several calls between 2:00 and 3:00AM threatening to call the police if I didn't leave since "I had not paid." I wrote to the owners but they told me I was lying and they stood by the prick who took my money. I paid a whole week in advance! mad.gif

Don't let it happen to you!

-2bigsteve

View PostWhen you pay in cash make sure you don't leave the counter without your receipt! Don't fall for the "Well, I'll send it up to you later" crap. I did at a Super 8 in South San Francisco and got several calls between 2:00 and 3:00AM threatening to call the police if I didn't leave since "I had not paid." I wrote to the owners but they told me I was lying and they stood by the prick who took my money. I paid a whole week in advance! mad.gif

Don't let it happen to you!

-2bigsteve

Always use a credit card.

gami....dont let those bed bug's bite ! lol i feel your pain but have become ignorant to the hostel's i will get re-imbursed for work purpose's...s/w under the pillow it's too heavy for the critter's to carry away...kidding ! no really it works...have a pleasant stay

View Postcwm31.gif Make sure you check under the bed for a Body before you check in for the night.

Yes, and strange stains on the sheets. smile.gif

I got blasted by extremely hot water during a shower in one flea hole in Southern California. It knocked me down and I almost broke my hip. I couldn't get out of the way fast enough and got scolded. Now I stand "outside" the stall when I turn on the water.

-2bigsteve