Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Habs squid swimmer

15 posts in this topic

Just curious...I'm considering parting with this for financial reasons...I know prices are down in the plug market smile.gif

Any ideas what this might be worth? It's signed on the lip and chin - it's never been fished, never been wet and has been kept in a plastic lure tube - it's gotta be 7-8 years old smile.gif

I don't know how many of these were ever made or how many were signed, just curious about it's value - thanks smile.gif

TimS

Cool plug was that tail done by Jeff from Habs or did you do it personalize it yourself? Looks unique.

I have seen those go for $50-$80 recently. $75 is a good offer.

You planning on getting rid of that 3.5 ounce blurple? I am VERY intrested.

View PostCool plug was that tail done by Jeff from Habs or did you do it personalize it yourself? Looks unique.

I have seen those go for $50-$80 recently. $75 is a good offer.

You planning on getting rid of that 3.5 ounce blurple? I am VERY intrested.

That's how I got it from John years ago.

You've seen never fished, signed squid swimmers go for $50-$80? icon25.gif

I have no idea about the signed plug market out there, I had planned on keeping my signed plugs forever smile.gif

TimS

Tim, off hand I'd say $75-$100 with the sig. But, who knows, maybe more with the signature. I hate to use e-bay as a point of reference, but sometimes that's the place to gauge value. Sweet plug.icon14.gif

View PostThat's how I got it from John years ago.

You've seen never fished, signed squid swimmers go for $50-$80? icon25.gif

I have no idea about the signed plug market out there, I had planned on keeping my signed plugs forever smile.gif

TimS

Oh didn't notice it was signed.

I am no collector but only a fisherman so it being signed has no effect on me. So i never realized the difference with signed and non signed squid swimmers.

Sorry can't help you out.

View PostCool plug was that tail done by Jeff from Habs or did you do it personalize it yourself? Looks unique.

I think he used Boone's skirts.

View Post

I see bucktail in the squid swimmer though.

That is a replacement Boone's skirt over a VMC. You are right the one's that Habs put out were cut around the eye and had bucktail under them.

Thanks for all your help guys, it is very much appreciated icon14.gif

I don't watch sales on eBay so I really have no idea what these kind of no longer made plugs go for - it's a big help hearing from you guys that do keep an eye on this stuff, thank you!

For $75-$100, I'll put this plug under my coffee table glass and let company look at it when they come over smile.gif

TimS

Tim, I don't think I have ever seen a signed plug form John in those locations on any of his plugs especially the Squid Swimmer. That one is much older as mentioned and a keeper for sure..

I can see the collectors in this market going at least up to $100. for that one.. I have a later version without it being signed with Jeff's dressed siwash

and I don't think I could toss it into the Atlantic, unless a huge school of squid showed up here along the Jersey Coast wink.gif

View PostTim, I don't think I have ever seen a signed plug form John in those locations on any of his plugs especially the Squid Swimmer. That one is much older as mentioned and a keeper for sure..

Thanks for the info - I've got a few signed Habs...this is the only one I've seen signed on the lip and the chin -- I figured that would make it pretty rare smile.gif

No, I wouldn't throw it either - if you run into a school of squid locally, save the wood, throw Mag Darters instead icon14.gif

TimS

For $75-$100, I'll put this plug under my coffee table glass and let company look at it when they come over smile.gif

TimS

Tim,

I'd go with that idea as well ! Very cool looking plug ~

Tom