Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
somethingfishy

for hobie's

18 posts in this topic

Thats the sailing rudder, I've heard they are a good improvement over the standard rudder. At only $22 I don't think you can go wrong. I plan to add Turbos and the Sailing rudder this Summer.

I have the sailing rudder on both my Mirage yaks. Especially good when your going slow or when you're in the surf. The bigger rudder also makes tracking easier in bad conditions.

View Postif your link was for the sailing rudder, you're insane not to put it on.

His link was to another forum with a store selling kayak equipment. Sorry, but da rulz is da rulz. And yes, it was for the sailing rudder.

Got one on my Adventure. Have an Outback w/ the reg. rudder and you can really tell the difference. I am gonna trim and shorten it up a bit. A bunch of guys on another site have done it w/ no loss of performance and it keeps it from dragging as much in shallow water.

Shortening? which one the sailing or regular rudder? must be for flats fishing because if the water is that shallow you might as well be surf casting

View PostGot one on my Adventure. Have an Outback w/ the reg. rudder and you can really tell the difference. I am gonna trim and shorten it up a bit. A bunch of guys on another site have done it w/ no loss of performance and it keeps it from dragging as much in shallow water.

View PostHis link was to another forum with a store selling kayak equipment. Sorry, but da rulz is da rulz. And yes, it was for the sailing rudder.

cwm27.gif mullet, i didn't mean he's insane for not posting the link, i meant he's insane for not installing the sailing rudder.

The sailing rudder is a great addition,makes turning much more responsive and also if you haven't done so, the turbo fins are also a great addition,a little more resistance on the peddle, but the speed difference and trolling capabilities are huge. I use the outback in the bay often and the sail and ama's make the outback complete. I sail 10-15 miles a day at times and can eat a sandwick will doing this. What ever you do I hope you enjoy!

Bob