Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hairyjig

Some reels

18 posts in this topic

1. Okuma Salina 55 100% mechanically, a few small scratches, used 1 season

$70

2. Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 7000I. Used it a half dozen times, looks and functions like brand new

$80

3. Penn Special Senator 4/0 113 HSP. used it a dozen times looks good and works like new.

$100

Pick up only (for now), Im in Massapequa. Sorry no picks, dog chewed my USB wire.

Sorry for the nube question but how would that abu be on a 10 ft, conventional casting rod. Can it handle 1 ounce to say 4-5 ounces. Does it cast like a beast?. >>>>>>>>Martin

View PostMartin yes all across the board I have the same reel and it will do all of that and then some

Hi LBI, QUESTION, DOES THE LINE WINDER NEED TO BE ON THERE OR CAN IT BE REMOVED. AND A FREE BUMPSKIwink.gif

View PostHi LBI, QUESTION, DOES THE LINE WINDER NEED TO BE ON THERE OR CAN IT BE REMOVED. AND A FREE BUMPSKIwink.gif

Martin, yes, the level wind can be removed as it does hinder distance some, not alot, but some. However, having it on there makes the retrieve a hell of alot easier when engaging a fish or at night when vision it not the best. If you remove it, you'll have to learn how the use your thumb as the level, annoying at first but you get used to it. Also, leaving it on gives you more control of the spool speed. I have a 7000c3 and have NEVER had a birds nest with the level wind.

View Postthe Abu is great for throwing lead and chunks, i'm only selling it cus I don't really chunk anymore and I have a 2 of these reels and only need one.

Yeh but can it cast bombers, tins, wood and plastics?smile.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0