Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STRIPER SWIPER PMB

BM Danny hook rec.

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

What size hooks do you guys like to rig your BM dannys with? 2.25 oz danny around 7". Planning on using split rings as I hate cutting VMC's. I want to use a a siawash for the tail hook, and I will tie it myself.

Thanks

View PostI think you will find that the hooks will marry on a BM Danny if you use split rings.

I was afraid of that. I had a problem like that with another builder, and I had to cut the VMC's. What a pain in the ***. How much of a problem would this be. Will they entangle alot? Also what do you think hook size wise. I was guessing 3/0 for the belly. Am I better off using only one belly and a 5/0 dressed tail hook?

Roland. go with 2 3/0 belly's and a flag. Or a 4/0 up front with a 5/0 dressed siwash. Split rings will be a mess. I had to switch out the hooks on my 2oz Tattoos.smile.gif

I'm using size 5 Wolverine splits with 2/0 6X VMC's on the belly. No problems at all with the hooks tangling together. They can't get caught on each other with this setup. If you cut your hooks, then you can bump up to a 3/0 hook. Sometimes 6X hooks can kill a swimmers action, but on these Dannies, they still swim perfect.

View PostI'm using size 5 Wolverine splits with 2/0 6X VMC's on the belly. No problems at all with the hooks tangling together. They can't get caught on each other with this setup. If you cut your hooks, then you can bump up to a 3/0 hook. Sometimes 6X hooks can kill a swimmers action, but on these Dannies, they still swim perfect.

I might try the 2/0, but I only have 4x

i put 3/0 on mine no problems and no split rings just cut the hook low on shank. gonna change the rear to a single though . how it helps. cutting is easy . manley pliers work great

I Use Cut 3/0's On The Belly & A Flag, A 5/0 Siwash Or A 3rd 3/0 On The Rear- I Found The 3/0's On The Belly Maried W/ Split Rings. I Use A Pair Of 12 Dollar Cutters I Bought In A Hardware Store To Cut Them And A Pair Of Needle Nose Vice Grips To Hold Them While I Open/close Them W/ My Regular Fishig Pliers. As Un-handy As I Am It Works Like A Charm...

(sorry For The All Caps)

My way Roland (as I've written here many times/ threads!):

Cut 4/0 4x or 6x VMC treble on head swivel... bare 2nd swivel... & 4/0 dressed Siwash on rear (or hookless dressed flag on rear)

"50"- proof! wink.gif (& swims just fine trust me! BM action can't be ruined! smile.gif )