Looks like I'm going back in

Rate this topic

J

To the OR.....

Since a week before my surgery last Tuesday, I have been suffering terrible headaches, double vision and fever like symptoms.

Just came back from a 2 hour MRI scan of my brain and spinal column and it appears I am leaking a huge amount of spinal fluid.

It's not likely something that will close itself and surgery w2ill be needed to stitch the breach closed. The are currently looking over the films to find the leak.

Christmas in the hospital was not part of my plan.... cwm31.gif

I will have a copy of the scan on disc tomorrow and software to look at it. Stay tuned for some cool pics.... I just finished looking at my own brain in 3D and I was in awe of the detail (yes,I do have one after all)

Jason

View PostTo the OR.....

Since a week before my surgery last Tuesday, I have been suffering terrible headaches, double vision and fever like symptoms.

Just came back from a 2 hour MRI scan of my brain and spinal column and it appears I am leaking a huge amount of spinal fluid.

It's not likely something that will close itself and surgery w2ill be needed to stitch the breach closed. The are currently looking over the films to find the leak.

Christmas in the hospital was not part of my plan.... cwm31.gif

I will have a copy of the scan on disc tomorrow and software to look at it. Stay tuned for some cool pics.... I just finished looking at my own brain in 3D and I was in awe of the detail (yes,I do have one after all)

Jason

lg_smile.gif I will pray for your health...

Sorry, I could not resist, but none the less I will.

Skeet

View Postlg_smile.gif I will pray for your health...

Sorry, I could not resist, but none the less I will.

Skeet

clapping.gifbiggrin.gifclapping.gif

Thanks.... knowing my fellow man is thinking of me is very much appreciated. Your humor is even more so.... clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

View Postdamn dude, that's a *****. do you know when you're going back in?

Nothing official yet.The MRI tech let me see the films and the reservoir of fluid. After 2 hours of filming and no retakes he was a happy guy. The films were clear and couldn't have been better had he done it on a corpsebiggrin.gif I've had about 20MRI's now and it's old hat for me...

They still need to find the leak, determine the size of the breach and figure out the best plan. The amount that has leaked would indicate a large hole but I am just working on conjecture at this point but if my experiences with this is any indicator,I'll be under the knife again real soon.

Fingers are crosssed it happens fdast and I'm home before Christmas.

My kids have spent the last 7 months watching me get operated on and go through rehab after rehab.

6 times under anesthesia since early May!!! UGH!!!

On top m of all that: In August my wife asked for a divorce and it has been a battle since. Right now, that D is off the table but it has been hell in the Richer household for way too long now and we need something good right about now, not thismad.gif

2009 is not getting here fast enough!!!!! For us, 2008 was the worst of our 24 years of marriage on so many levels....

No matter what happens,2009 can only be better. From rock bottom, everything looks up cwm27.gif