Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric Roach

Got Power?

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

Anyone have power? I work for Exeter Hospital and we have our diesel generators cranking.

What a mess this storm has been. It's tough to see all these damaged trees.

I hope everyone is OK.

Surprisingly enough we have not lost power yet! I saw Deval Patricks speech this morning and he said most people in MA who didn't have power would not have it restored til Monday at the earliest.

Power was out from about 1AM to 5:30PM. Still lots of trees down and a ton of people, even right here in town, without power.

We got some sun this afternoon that melted a lot of the ice on the trees, so I think it'll be a lot better than it might've been.

no power in York, ME cwm31.gif not suppose to be back on till monday at the earliest, through up the white flag , packed up the wife and kids headed to the cape to visit my mother oh and also to watch the pats game too.

funny being down here with no stripers or blues around cwm13.gif

but I was out for 39 hours. Its wild 1/2 mile away they had it the whole time, 5 miles up the road. it may be mid week, before its up. My brother in law drove from hollis maine to a somerset, Mass home depot to get a generator. I will laugh my arse off if he pulls in the driveway to find twinklig lights from within. But, he'll never worry again. You won't believe the half arsed giant gass tank jitney rigs people are fabricating into little one gallon capacity generators. just to keep from going out all night to refill

We had trees down all around us but never lost power. My oil guy stopped by yesterday and said I was the only house on his route with the lights on. Two blocks either way the power is out.

Rye is a warzone.

Tons of lines down, nothing anywhere. Portsmouth seems to be back up, Route 1 is back up. Got a 60 amp gene, and I have the whole panel hot at my in laws, nothing at my house and its gettin cold.

Haven't seen a soul working on anything yet. We might be a while.

Northern Worcester county looks like a war zone! Trees, poles, power lines lying everywhere. Some damage to structures from the tremendous weight of the ice. We just got our power back...been out since 11PM Thursday night. Feel sorry for some that will not have power for an estimated 1 week or longer!

I lost power here in Hollis, Maine at 6:30am on Friday and just got it back at 6am Sunday. Good thing for the wood stove, it's been a cold weekend!

my sister is on wakefield rd and they picked up a gene last night. Brother in law was smitten with his new pellet stove on thasnksgiving and I was envious of those compact bags, having 5 cords of wood and all the logistics of that. I now appreciate the fact that mine does not need a plug