Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canyondiver

Tuna trips

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Canyondiver, your friend is not quite correct. We plan on having the boat up and running by Christmas, assuming all goes as planned. Regardless, the tuna trips have been cancelled (due to lack of tuna!) and the offshore and tile trips will all be sailing on the Atlantis until the Jamaica is back up and running.

Capt.TB

Im curious as to the depth range you guys fish in for the Tilefish and what kind of tackle is the norm ..Tile is one very nice eating fish smile.gif

anywhere from 400-700 usually is fished. they will be shallower or deeper but those are the usual depths. you need a 30 or 50 class reel filled with a few hundred yards of braid or dacron. you cant use mono. sash window weights make a good "sinker." sometimes guys tie the weight on with 6lb test and when you strike the fish, the weight breaks off so you arent reeling in a few extra pounds hundreds of feet. guys use electric reels as well.

I would never pay to go on a tilefish trip. I just see guys fish for them sometimes on tuna trips. rolleyes.gif

if Im that far out, Im going for tuna/swords wink.gif

the name of the boat is big jamaica (put a .com on the end on the name)

Tilefish Trips: Fare $160.00 Sail 1AM Dec. 14, 20, 21, 27, 28

$160

the problem is that the boat screwed up some engines and I dont think it is running yet. send him an email or call him to see if he will make an tile trips