Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jadweega

winter trout

36 posts in this topic

Don't know where the trout went but they went somewhere. Once they leave the hatchery they have to be unloaded and can not return to the hatchery due to the possibility of diseases being introduced to the hatchery.

Jadweega, I sent an E-mail to fish and game about the stocking but haven't heard back yet. I was there a couple of times over the weekend, maybe we spoke? Were you using a flyrod?

Trout go deeper in cold weather and slow down eating but not so you cannot catch them. Does your State F&S have a category under fishing where they list ponds and lakes with maps & depth charts?

SkitterPop, The state has a website and listed that date on there website. I sent them an email and they finally answered a week later saying they asked the guys on the truck if they stocked it and the answer was yes. I drive by the pond everyday , there are not to many people fishing it since the supposed stocking.Interest wanes pretty quick when there isn't a trout seen or caught. I spoke with another fisherman recently while fishing the pond who told me he was there the day before the stocking ,however the fish truck pulled up only to find the pond with skim ice on it. Upon seeing this the truck guys said they would be back later in the day when the ice melted but didn't return that day or the next day either.My intention isn't to get anyone in trouble but there are a lot of disappointed people who fish the pond and feel the same way I do. I beleive the fish went somewhere else and would like to know where. If there in the Pond they must be dead on the bottom because I havn't seen or spoke with anyone who has caught a trout. The Pond isn't that big and isn't very deep and in previous winter stocking even during cold conditions I've caught or some others have they just are not there.

Jadweega,

I got my reply also. I sent back that I drive by daily and stop and talk to the guys fishing on the weekends. I told him that I live in town and know people that live along the lake and some that are retired and fish there everyday. It was a long reply to him and I explained to him the reasons why I'm sure they didn't stock the lake. I don't fish there myself but bring kids to learn and have a good time there. With all the people fishing power bait and worms I doubt there wouldn't be anyone who caught a fish or got a bite. Its always been a nice place to spend some time and get some fresh air Thanksgiving week. I did say if I see anyone who caught or saw a trout caught I would let him know.