Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big country

M.I.F Nominations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Fellas (ladies too),

after being around here for the last couple of years, I Don't think Ive seen this kinda post before. Soooo, here it goes..

who would you nominate (on a serious basis, of course) as youre MOST IMPROVED FISHERMAN from this site. Im talking about the guy who maybe doesnt catch the most fish, but someone who, when you first met them or they first started fishing, has made the biggest improvement over the last year or two in your eyes???

my nomination??? there are a few, but the guy I think is most deserving is.... GOOGINATOR... When I first met him a couple years ago, he was just starting and really didnt know much. He asked alot of questions, took alot of advice, bought the correct gear, and most of all, has spent alot of time on the water, on line, reading, gathering info and has turned himself into a pretty good fisherman in his own right.. Ive kinda tried to take him under my wing a little and offer tid bits here and there and he's really taken to it... he has a lot of potential and his next step is possibly joining a club. I can thank Crazy Al for helping me out in much the same way...

I know there are other guys out there, but I think he's made the biggest improvement from what Ive seen.

anyone else have nominations???

BC

I haven't fished with him yet(or met himicon15.gif ), but it seems to me after reading his posts over the past year, that castingkid should get a nomination.

------------------

Ben....something or other

I have 2 nominees.

First is THE DUKE. Put in his time at the right places and caught a lot of fish and some good ones too. It helps to be Uncle TImmy's beatch for a while.

Big Countryicon14.gif

BC got his chunkin freak on this year and started being one of those consistent "big fish guys". On his way to being a "really big fish guy"

BIG GUY-BIG FISH, it only stands to reason

I got to add to Oznavad's

Luke (Stick Boy) Has come along way in 2002 because of his ability to listen and learn the Boys got some nice fish under his belt.

My Vote goes to LUKE

Eddie

------------------

GoneFlyFishing33.jpg

I propose the following...and this goes back to from when they first showed up here at SOL until today...I have no other referrencesmile.gif

In no particular order, the following all deserve special recognition for taking what they've learned and putting the rubber to the roadicon14.gif

Ant

MikeMatt

Googinator

Luke

ArneP

KurtH (NJSurf)

IsmailG

There's dozens of others who impress me as I watch their "understanding" increase...it's pretty amazing. When folks who wanna understand ask the right questions and then constantly pay attention to every minute detail while on the water - it's nicesmile.gif

One thing that concerns me....the folks that benefitted the most from the help of others - are they helping the next round of up and coming fishermen as they were helped? That's what keeps the whole thing going yah knowwink.gif That's how we get anglers who understand that "how" is 100 times more important than "where" - that's how we get respectful anglers coming up in the ranks. It's how we keep the trash in the cans and not on the sand. It's a tradition - don't let it stop when you get it - pass it on....and on....and on icon14.gif

TimS

No contest.

Z

Went from reportedly casting a hand line to nailing the largest fish in the NY State Surf Contest this past season, and taking 2nd place overall with plenty of large bass blues and weaks.

While we are at it, let's vote for more categories

Most versatile fisherman. That's also a no-brainer, Alberto. Bottom species, sweet water, surf, etc.

Best Innovation of '02 goes to Oz or Billy Blitz, whoever came up with the korker idea with the ss screws. From what I'm hearing this really seems to work.

Best new product? Hmmm I dunno how new it is, but those Storm Wild Eyes really have taken the coast by, um, storm.

what else?

Tim,

good point.. it is a cyclical thing.. its imperative that knowledge gets passed down from those "in the know" to those who arent.

I told Crazy Al when we first started hanging out that what he does is special (not to toot his horn or anything) not just for me but everyone who he "helps" out.. and that I was goiong to do my best to help others who are deserving...

now, an important point.. the person who is new and reaps benefits from the mroe experienced angler has to qualify. by this, I mean, he/she has to really be in it for the right reasons.. I dont think I would give as much info to just anyone, the person I help or work with has to show me that he really wants to learn, is eager, isnt in it for the glory, etc... and most of all, that new person, should kinda take an unwritten oath that they will pass knowledge along to someone they deem is ready to take the next step.

my the force be with us all...(LOL)

BC

BC...thanks for the nomination and thanks for answering all my stupid questions smile.gif

I would like to thank the academy and everybody else on SOL...

I'm a little embarrassed to post this pic...but here is a little evidence SOL can really "show you how to catch more fish"

Before.... (note...fish looks small, but is 30", check out my huge Penn Slammer and cargo shorts!!)

goog1234.jpg

After..... cwm12.gif

DSCF0218.JPG