home heating oil

Rate this topic

eelman45

#2 heating Oil and Diesel are the same product, they dye it for off road use such as heating oil and boat/farm fuel.

Right, but the crude is different from the stuff we refine into gasoline. At least we haven't arrived at a Mad Max situation........yetcwm31.gif

.........Elvis lives....2020

Ratty...our wives must be on the same wave length...only mine went one better this time...If we let them put the bill directly on our charge card they SUBTRACT 10 cents per gallon. Not only do we get the non-locked in price, we get an additional dime per gallon off...Yup this is the same lady that bought me "My Surprise". And to think that some think a big bass is a great catch!cwm27.gif

Home Heat oil and Diesel are the same product.

Only difference is that Diesel is TAXABLE mad.gif

I filled up the Home oil tank here on Long Island 2 weeks ago for $2.59 cash.

Same day I filled my van for the same price.

Told the oil heat dealer to get lost with their so called "free contract"

V.

View PostI l locked in at $4.07 during the Summer with Petro. Now they want $600 to get out of my contract. I am running the numbers to see if it's worthwhile giving them the $600. The good thing is I invested in a very efficient fireplace insert that kicks 75,000 BTU per hour. So far my oil gage hasn't moved. The thing keeps my whole house at 72.

dont give them the 600, they are taking advantage!!

just do a cod with another oil delivery co keep an eye on the gage!!

View Post#2 heating Oil and Diesel are the same product, they dye it for off road use such as heating oil and boat/farm fuel.

Right, but the crude is different from the stuff we refine into gasoline. At least we haven't arrived at a Mad Max situation........yetcwm31.gif

Just being the Devil's advocate here...what is the difference in the crude? Pteredactyls vs. tyranasaurs? Plesiasaur vs. tricerotops? (I know, spellings all f'ed up) liquid dinosaurs are liquid dinos man...sounds like another lame duck to mis-direct our attention from the screwing they're giving us...I know, I know...I sound like some goof-ball consiracy theorist...but damn man, it's just not adding up - the logic just isn;t there - it all sounds like another flavor of horseschit.

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

I was of the same mindset as yourself, Mister 'Islander, until my wife explained the economic situation to me. I'm not going to argue with her, but you are welcome to (She's always right, really) I'll PM you her cellphone number if you wantbiggrin.gif

See, I don't really pay attention to the real world and she doesheadscratch.gif

.........Elvis lives....2020

View Postdont give them the 600, they are taking advantage!!

just do a cod with another oil delivery co keep an eye on the gage!!

careful with that...

They claim to "pre-purchase" the oil, which is a straight-up lie. So their claim is that they buy an amount of oil equal to your average consumption with their money up front - That's crap....they buy it off the rack just like the independant guys do.

I contracted once...never again - locked in a price, they were supposed to auto deliver, tank go tto 1/8 - I called 'em, no answer, no return call. got to fumes and a long weekend coming and called again - no answer...so I called another company and had the tank filled that day (cheaper price, but that wasn't the issue) - The contract company showed up the following week to fill the tank and got pissed when they only pumped 4 gallons - they threatend to charge me for this and for that....i looked at the contract, $175 termination fee - wrote them a check and told them to never set foot on my property again or i'd drop a tree across the driveway and claim their tanker for my own.

The name of the company was Saveway Oil - I will never do business with them again - they are huge and buy out little companies but keep the small guys name because most people will not go to Saveway. They have to hide their name.

So when I call to shop for oil prices, I always ask if they are affiliated with Saveway, if yes, I gross them out for weaseling the name and tell tham I'm adding them to my DO NOT CALL list - And then I tell my friends all about them - Just as I am doing for you here.

"When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence."

So I decided to not pay the $600 termination fee and buy the oil at $4.07 a gallon. The good news:

The highly efficient fireplace insert I bought has done the job. Got a delivery Sept 24 and tank was filled. They delivered yesterd so it was 2 months exactly.

63 GALLONS!!! 2 Months and I burned 63 GALLONS!!! And I heat my hot water with oil so most of that is hot water.

Screw Petro!! I hope they go bankrupt.

Retired internet cop

Eastern CT is running from $1.83 to $2.09 for reg gas - but I'm diesel and the best I've seen at the pumps has been $2.95...frown.gif

I still say we should charge the Arabs the same for a bushel of wheat as they charge for a barrel of oil. This way, they can set their own fair price or they can eat their oil.

But then, my foregin policies aren't exactly in tune with the issues! redface.gif