Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cherokeechief79

what to spool up my 706 spinners with?

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

ive been out of fishing for 10-12 yrs.i used so spoolup my penn 706s with ande.proble is as u all know in the really cold weather it comes off like a slinky.ant suggestions on new line?i know there is some pretty fancy stuff out there now.

thanks

If you want to stick to mono, Berkley Trilene XL (extra limp) casts well in the cold and has a smaller diameter than it's test size. Otherwise, Fireline will work real well on the 706.

I'm with Zim on the 20# Fireline, if I was doing mono, it would be either 17# or 20# Silver Thread. Mono does get wiry as it gets colder and lower diameter line is better, I'm sure thats why Zim recommended it. Best mono I ever used was Tectan, expenisve and not readily available.

sweet

is this usually good for more than one season?

I usually get a spring and a fall then reverse it (add a bit more backing to make up for line cutbacks) and get another spring and fall.

Welcome back to the beach.

30 lb. Fireline or 50 lb. PowerPro will do you fine. Their diameters are like 12 lb. test mono.

My $0.02 - I prefer PowerPro over Fireline. Fireline tends to get "fuzzy" after you use it awhile. Also, I just like the way it feels better than Fireline. To each his own..