Seal

The only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead....

Rate this topic

110 posts in this topic

Thank you for taking the time to make this post. I also enjoyed the replies with the personal stories. I have made it to Normandy and viewed the cemetery with my kids. I had a hard time seeing anything as my eyes were full of tears for the entire time I was there. Seeing all of the graves lines up perfectly. I also noticed the French take immaculate care of this sacred place.

Matt

I am crying right now. Tears of respect , honor , and love for all those fallen. We owe everything, and I mean everything to them, for every day we live under our flag in this Great Country of ours. heart.gif

Thank you i07nyc for bumping this great topic

Thank you Seal for taking time to collect all those great pictures and put them together in even greater post.

Salute to all that gave their life for better today.

One uncle flew a bomber over Germany. After the war never got in a plane again.

Wife's uncle graduated high school in June, joined the Army , was killed in action the following March. Now rests in the Netherlands.

May we never forget.

Well done, thanks for posting.  Prayers to those who gave all as well as their families. God Bless all Veteran's . As a veteran myself, I'm a bit ashamed that I wasn't more aware of the numerous Memorial Cemetaries around Europe and the world. Thanks for opening up my eyes that are now wet with tears.

I lost an uncle in WW2, another got shot up in the Pacific theater , I’ll never forget , I served in the AF and dam proud I did ! God bless all our fallen servicemen and women who gave us the freedom we all enjoy !  

I’ve visited the Cambridge cemetery. It’s meticulously cared for and a very moving place to visit. The aircrews of the RAF and USAF had one of the lowest survival rates of all the allied services. It puts current issues into perspective and reminds you that we were the good guys and still are.

Lest we forget. 

I have a granddaughter that was a high school exchange student for a few weeks.

During that time she traveled with fellow students to the Netherlands to visit her grandmothers uncles grave at---Margraten military ww2 cemetery

With over 8000 buried she was shown the grave of nannas uncle Ivan.

The Dutch people of the area adopt a grave to take care of it and plant flowers.

This act is carried down from generation to generation with a waiting list to take over

out of respect of the fallen soldiers.

Rest well  Margraten boys!

God bless all of our fallen heroes......and by the same token god bless the men and women currently serving as we speak!