Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Online Store: let's hear it!

Rate this topic

106 posts in this topic

I was recently reminded of a debacle that happened through the online store last year. It got me thinking (which was nice cause I was almost outta stuff to ponderwink.gif)

I would like to hear from those of you that have shopped through this online store - I've never really asked before - so here goes - and please, so long as you are respectful in the way you state your case, you will be treated respectfully in the responses. I want to hear the good and the bad - your comments will help us get the online store better suited to serve all of you.

So lets here it, the good, the bad, the ugly - I can take itwink.gif

TimS

When in the hell are ya gonna start selling bait? Oh wait, i dont use bait! wink.gif Nevermind Tim...icon15.gif

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me?

SOL# 449

My experiences with the SOL online store, although limited to a handful of times, have been among the best in all of my experience with online and mail order purchasing. Competetive pricing, prompt order acknowledgement, prompt delivery and accessability for questions or concerns regarding listed items or specialty orders all combine to make this a class operation. IMHO

Yup, i agree with Nils 100%. I would much rather shop at the SOL store then my local tackle shop. Ive put in a few orders here and Tim had them out to me in no time.

Tim, if your going this route? I would like to suggest, that your start selling Andrus big eye buck tails. I like the 2oz. ones. smile.gif

SF

------------------

Is it Hot in here, or is it just me?

SOL# 449

Tim, the customer service experience is top notch.

the selection is one of the best out there. (ok, maybe some more fly fishing gear would be nice.)

here's my critique:

the navigation of the store site could be better. there's a lot of "back" button pushing which can get problematic (recent stats say you lose 2-5% of your customers every time they click to a new page.) i've also told you about the green copy over blue/grey background isn't viewer friendly.

rigged eels have been "under construction" for about 2 years.

jigs???....i'v given up on theses--why even list them?

why not sell VS reels and parts?

all in all it's still my favorite place to shop online. yer doing great Tim.

I like the online store -, deliveries have been prompt and accurate. For possible improvemnets is it possible to have some kind of arder acknowledgement sent via PM and maybe free shippin for orders over lets say $100-$150. From the negative side some items just never become available, bucktails, habs needles. Overall , I am comfortable and happy with the store and everyhting I have ordered is quality and useful.

------------------

Keep using my name in vain, I'll make rush hour longer!! - God

I think that the Online Store here is great. Nearly 100% of my stuff, I got here, and it all works as advertised. I will continue to try and buy here first because the selection is great and the service and integrity of the "shop" owner is second to none.

Some of the suggestions that I will make may not be feasible given the size of the operation, but I'll make them anyway. Whatever you do, don't make more work for yourself - AUTOMATE.

Operations

==========

1) Get some help so that you can spend more time with wife, family, fishing, and the boardwink.gif

2) When completing an order, I wish that I did not have to type my name and address every time (credit card # is OK).

3) Sales receipt included with each order that also lists back ordered items

4) I would like to see an order status page

Merchandise

===========

1) I would like to see some weekly specials, not necessarily closeout stuff, but new stuff hitting the market. I know you like to test stuff before selling it, but we're going to try and buy it anyway to see for ourselves. It would be a lot easier to get some of this stuff here, rather than go looking for it.

That's it, keep up the good work.

Understand that Tim is a one-man fulfillment operation, and you'll be fine. There is only so much he can do at this level.

Having said that, I've never been unhappy with any of my orders.

BTW, Tim, where's that free Van Stall you said you'd send? wink.giftongue.gifcwm27.gif

(Guys, I'm JUST KIDDING.)

-WW

------------------

fww.gif

The Pause That Refreshes

[This message has been edited by fishweewee (edited 10-03-2002).]

Very easy to deal with , I ordered a lami rod with NO problems, would like to see some personal recomendations of things that you use , but other than that it,s great

------------------

"It is better to sit in your kayak fishing and think about God,than to sit in church and think about fishing"

Tim great service and selection in the store just 2 points of interest

1 How about another rod line thats at a lower price point. I love Lami's but some times I look for a lower priced rod especially for a backup or loaner. you carry different grades of reels from Tica how about bringing in some Tica rods.

2 Jigs nuff said cause yours were the best around.smile.gif

Over the last year and a half I have ordered a fair amount of stuff from you. I could not be more pleased with the experience. However, I do agree with Wayne TJ (above) about the need for some sort of order status page. I have had two situations where the stuff I have ordered from you was back ordered but did know it until it didn't show up and I contacted you. (Most recently an Mitchell Reel in early September). Needless to say I got a prompt and curteous response but there has to be someway to automate that.

Also, I may be interesting to incorporate a "reviewed by purchaser" feature like Amazon.com into the store. It would a natural extension of the shared advice already on the site.

-ads