Wet Suit

Rate this topic

mps219

Henderson, Aqualung, Pinnacle, Bare, all top manufacturers cant go wrong.

There are many questions that you need to answer before I can give you some suggestions.

Time of year fishing?

Time of day fishing?

Fishing stationary, or walking the shore?

How long will you be fishing?

How long in the water, and out of the water?

"Get up, stand up, and fight for your rights" Bob Marley
Catch & Release + Respect Mother Nature

View PostWhat do your guys were with your wetsuits as fair as boots? I have heard that Korker Torrents are the best.

I personally wear a military style wetshoe (NRS offers similar style to what I wear) + modified Hodgman cleats for wading/swimming to rocks close in.

Far rocks require thin wetsuit bootie + fins with spikes in bottom.

Id basically be using the suit from June to October. Probably my main use would also be to get out to rocks that I can stand on. I live in Connecticut, so pounding surf isn't much of a consideration.Im just looking for a all around suit that's gonna be comfortable and warm enough in spring and fall. Summer would be the season I'd be least using the suit due to my summer spots.

View PostHenderson, Aqualung, Pinnacle, Bare, all top manufacturers cant go wrong.

There are many questions that you need to answer before I can give you some suggestions.

Time of year fishing?

Time of day fishing?

Fishing stationary, or walking the shore?

How long will you be fishing?

How long in the water, and out of the water?

One more

Can you swim?smile.gif

Also look at the surfing wetsuits they offer great flexibility, reliability and endurance,the best time to buy one is at the end of the winter sometimes last years models go for half the price. Also make sure that the wetsuit is stitched,glued and sealed.

Brands Excell,O'neil,etc

David A.K.A Dave the wildman

the green machine hit the nail on the head. korker torrents are good, along with his type of wet shoe. thin neoprene wetsuit booties are common & cheap at any local dive shop, or online. depending on the surf, i doubt you'd need to modify some body boarding fins with cleats smile.gif

it's hard to soar with eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

View PostI bought a prtty cool suit i used to use while windsurfing- i dont windsurf anymore but i will use the suit next season- Its a bare suit one piece 5mm legs and plastic top with gaskets. Great suit for fishing Montauk and severe places.

Be Careful with dry suits that have similar tops if they tear water will enter and you will have problemscwm31.gif neoprene drysuits are best(Henderson Insta-Dry).

i hear ya - its pretty tuff stuff though denier nylon 200-I think if I get hooked by a lure and tear it im going to know about it- thanks for the warnig. I guess if your going to go skisshing a you probably would want a wetsuit. I'm not that hardcore and the suit will be meant only for walking to a chest high area and the occasional fall into the surf. Probably occasional would be an understatement - I have worn this suit windsurfing and have floated in 50 feet of water 1/8 mie from shore call me crazy but iteemed to work really well.

I probably should side with caution. I feel more of in harms way when i where waders fishing a nasty surf than in this outft thats for sure

Im not a skisher hers a shot of a skisher in montauk

View PostOne more

Can you swim?smile.gif

Also look at the surfing wetsuits they offer great flexibility, reliability and endurance,the best time to buy one is at the end of the winter sometimes last years models go for half the price. Also make sure that the wetsuit is stitched,glued and sealed.

Brands Excell,O'neil,etc

Xcel Westuits are the Van Staal of wetsuits wink.gif

Best material available... light years ahead of dive suits... huge warranty on all seams and stitches...

There are some other surfing wetsuits out there that are also very very good... They use that soft Japanese rubber... But its a lot of $$$ and they aren't as durable as the main brand names.

Xcel heart.gif

Stop in to a surf shop and try on one before buying a dive suit...

LIBBA 1246

View Posti hear ya - its pretty tuff stuff though denier nylon 200-I think if I get hooked by a lure and tear it im going to know about it- thanks for the warnig. I guess if your going to go skisshing a you probably would want a wetsuit. I'm not that hardcore and the suit will be meant only for walking to a chest high area and the occasional fall into the surf. Probably occasional would be an understatement - I have worn this suit windsurfing and have floated in 50 feet of water 1/8 mie from shore call me crazy but iteemed to work really well.

I probably should side with caution. I feel more of in harms way when i where waders fishing a nasty surf than in this outft thats for sure

Im not a skisher hers a shot of a skisher in montauk

I'm with you on your reply. I've been fishing in a Kokatat gore-tex dry-suit for three seasons scaling the tops of boulder fields and treading out to reefs perches in the dark of the first hours of morning. Wouldn't have it any other way than a total one piece dry-suit ever again. Never torn it yet but many pin holes from big dorsal fins.

View PostXcel Westuits are the Van Staal of wetsuits wink.gif

Best material available... light years ahead of dive suits... huge warranty on all seams and stitches...

There are some other surfing wetsuits out there that are also very very good... They use that soft Japanese rubber... But its a lot of $$$ and they aren't as durable as the main brand names.

Xcel heart.gif

Stop in to a surf shop and try on one before buying a dive suit...

Excel is actually the one i have,a 4/3 great suit the only thing i'm gonna start using is some lycra shorts to prevent the rubbing of the rod between my legs,that didn't sound goodheadscratch.gif

David A.K.A Dave the wildman