Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DansGoneFishing

Homemade fishing gagets

Rate this topic

89 posts in this topic

View PostSlick. I see a new plug bag with square tubes in my future -- got the right size bag and now the tubes are coming.

That PVC is waaaaay too heavy to make into a plug bag.

Chris

View PostAbsolutely...

Get the stuff, I'll cut it to size.

Chris

thats is what Im not good at. I would be more than happy to pay for the materials and you get em

I spool all my reels with mono backing and a topshot of braid. I got tired of trying to guess how much mono to put on so that the braid would fill the reel properly when wound on top of the backing. I had a couple of old Mitchel 6-0 reels laying around so I cut up some starboard and made this rig. To use I take the braid and wind it onto the bare spool of  the reel I'm gonna fish. Then with an albright knot I tie on the mono backing and continue to fill the spool to exactly where I want it. Now I have the right amount of stuff but the braid is on the inside and the mono is on the outside. I then reel all the line onto one of the Mitchells and then onto the other Mitchell, and finally back on the reel I'm gonna fish with. Now the backing is against the spool with the braid on top and the reel is filled to exactly where I want it.1782388

1000heres my rod rack i made from using old bed frame steel and black pvc..made it so it can mount on my plow carrier..

demodan, what brand plow do you have? If it is Meyer I have a gift for you.

I made a "U" bend tube out of 1/4" OD pipe that fits into the Meyer plow frame.

demodan, what brand plow do you have? If it is Meyer I have a gift for you.its a Western unimount..thanks for the offer though!.

I made a "U" bend tube out of 1/4" OD pipe that fits into the Meyer plow frame.

Simple easy lure like a spoon. Just cut the handle off of a butter knife drill holes on each end for the ring and treble hook. If you want to get fancy you can paint them or put reflective stickers and eyes. Has caught a decent amount of fish.

How about a simple small bait bucket to hold your cast nets. Poke holes in bottom to allow for drainage and you're done.

Pickle buckets...

Square (stows easily), two gallon size is good for a seven footer.

Cat litter buckets work well too.

All the contributor in this forum deserve a certificate of merit for their genius contributions !!!!!!! 

Every item was very functional and  original. The items reflect the genius of some of the most knowledgeable                                                                                                                           sportsmen in the WORLD  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!         Will follow this forum  .....