Need New Pliers?

Rate this topic

ShakyMan

View PostAre they constantly dunked & left in the truck wet 'til next trip? Who makes them? I'm always open to ideas on a better mousetrap wink.gif .

im usually about waist deep while im fishing. my wading belt sits just above the water line so my sheath keeps em pretty dry, i coat em with a special oil every now and then when they tense up a bit, i give em a shot of lube at the joint.

life is short . play hard

Here's one I wouldn't recommend for the surf:

Accurate Phiranah's. Well-made pliers, but probably better suited for boat use. As you can see, there's extensive corrosion where the aluminum frame & steel jaws meet. No doubt due to incompatible metals (galvanic action). These are constantly dunked & not maintained all season long. Spring also starts to bind a bit when they get to this point.

View Postdr slicks 35 dollar stainless steel and they cut braid like butter. Got em at ramsey

I highly recommend these. My first choice is the VS 7" titanium but if you don't want to spend that much the dr. slicks are great. I used them a good bit this season and never rinsed them. They still work great.