Bosch PS50-2B Cordless Max Multi-X

Rate this topic

Ben Lippen

It's out. Anyone get a chance to use one yet?

This new cordless oscillating tool is small in stature but big on versatility and performance. It tackles dozens of cutting, sanding, and grinding jobs - all without a cord or a hefty pricetag. It uses Bosch's ultra-compact 12V Max Litheon™ battery system to deliver power and precision all around the shop and home. Plus, with a wide array of accessories to choose from, as well as the ability to use Fein® and other manufacturer's attachments, the Bosch Multi-X is one of the best values on the market.

Additional features:

• No-mar plastic nose protects your work piece

• Variable Speed Dial for sanding speed adjustments

• Ergonomic design with small perimeter and soft-grip reduces fatigue while working

• Accepts broad range of Bosch accessories

• Batteries use advanced Lithium-ion technology for optimal life-span, runtime and power.

• Fuel gauge provides accurate charge control

• Tool holder with variable angle adjustment within 240°
Includes:

• 12V Cordless Max Multi-X Carpenter Kitâ„¢ - PS50-2B

• (2) Llitheonâ„¢ 12V Max Batteries BAT411

• 30 Minute Charger - BC430

• Accessory Adapter

• Sanding Plate

• 1-5/8 X 1-1/2" HCS Plunge Cut Blade - OSC112

• Sanding Paper Pad

• (3) 3/8 x 1-1/4 HCS Plunge Cut Blades

• (1) 3-1/2 x 7/8 BIM Segment blade
Specifications:

• Amps: 1.3

• Volts: 10.8 - 12

• Speed: 5,000 - 20,000 RPM

• Charge Time: 30 minutes

• Length: 10.9 inches

• Height: 2.32 inches

• Weight: 2.12 pounds

I've only seen them online not in the stores yet. You turning into a believer?biggrin.gif I do plan on getting the Dremel corded version at some point, its cheaper and I dont mind cords all that much. The odd thing is Bosch owns Dremel and their Multimaster bits are not interchangeable, kinda oddheadscratch.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the Dremel Multi max today at lowes. I have to make some cuts for electrical boxes and vents, and an undercuts for a piece of floor by a doorway. At some point I also have to remove a couple layers of vinyl tile and wallpaper, somelight sanding too. A decent amount of work to to give an accurate review. I later read that it does accept fein and other brands bits/accesories but it needs an adapter. Looking forward to testing it out this week.