Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Otter

10x10???!!!

Rate this topic

199 posts in this topic

as reported by pmjasper on another site this is what otter refers nad it is a terrible loss...frown.gif

"Kenneth Schwam, which some of you may have known as 10x10, was pronounced dead after a flyfishing excursion on the Vineyard. Initial reports claim that he and a client were making their way back to shore when they encountered deeper water. Both were separated and Ken was found not long thereafter. Possible cause of death is hypothermia or heart attack. May all of our prayers go out to his family"

That is terrible. I only can hope it is not true.

Just read the article, I guess it is true. Very sad indeed. This is a great loss. My prayers & condolances go out to his family.

[This message has been edited by NJSurf (edited 06-14-2002).]

Oh Dear Lord Please Say It Ain't So...

Fishing guide dies on Martha's Vineyard

EDGARTOWN - A 46-year old fishing guide from Oak Bluffs and Wyncote, Pa. died early this morning off Fuller Street Beach in Edgartown.

Kenneth Schwam, 46, and his unidentified client were fly-fishing from a sandbar near the beach late last night. As they were returning to shore, they stepped into the deeper water of a channel. The two became separated. The client was able to make it to shore and ran to a nearby home to seek help shortly after midnight.

About 2 a.m., Schwam was found, floating partially submerged about 150 yards off the beach between Fuller Street Beach and Eel Pond Beach. There were immediate attempts to resuscitate him as he was brought ashore and taken to Martha's Vineyard Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Searching for two hours were Edgartown police, the fire department by boat, the dive teams of Edgartown and Oak Bluffs, the harbormaster by boat, the Coast Guard by boat and helicopter and the Massachusetts Environmental Police.

The incident is still under investigation by the Edgartown police and Massachusetts state police, according to a statement from Edgartown Police Sgt. Richard Krauss.

Schwam was wearing Neoprene waders, the kind that help the wearer float, according to Massachusetts State Police Sgt. Jeff Stone. The cause of death may be hypothermia-induced drwosning, int he cold water, or a heart attack, an emergency room doctor told police. They are waiting for autopsty results this afternoon.

- By the Cape Cod Times

When I first started on this board 10x was always there for me, answering my stupid questions, BSing in the chatroom........

He will be sorely missed cry1.gif

I feel like it was yesterday when he told Mike Lang and I about his excitement about moving up to Martha's Vineyard. Wow.... Shocking blow.

Prayers....

------------------

THE KID [a.k.a. "BLACKBALL"]

WOW...this is a terrible loss. Our prayers go out to his family. His SOL family will miss him. I think Tim is on the road up here and he will be in shock when he hears this.

------------------

Bob Sr. (Big Daddy Breaks-A-lot)

Never met the man but when I made a stab at flyfishing...he had all the answers...for all the stupid questions....what a shame. My prayers go out to his family and friends.

------------------

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I will go fishing"---Henry David Thoreau

Member #1666