So you're not catching and the other guy is...

Rate this topic

passiton

I have been fishing the surf for a little over a year now. My personal experience with fishermen has been extraordinary. They have shown me how, when, and why. On the otherhand I go out of my way to treat them with respect, never ever crowd their spot, or nag them to death. In turn the little that i know I will gladly share with a stranger. What goes around comes around. SOL menmbers have helped make fishing a great experience for me and I owe when I can smile.gif

I've got to be pretty frustrated to ask, but I will. I don't usually fish close enough to see what someone is using and I don't inch over until I can. If i'm pulling my hair out and want to ask what's working I pick up, walk back from the water and go over and ask. I don't make any indication that I'm stopping to fish, just asking a question. Then, I'll go back far enough away and get back to fishing.

"Depend not on fortune, but on conduct."

I'm like Dave. I give info a lot better than asking for it. I'm stubborn. I have a plan and I stick to it but if I am asked, I help out people like they did for me 20+ yr's ago. Sometimes it's not the lure, color, profile but the angle, line, hardware,speed of their retrieve etc. That's the advice I remember most from those old timers on the beach at SH all those years ago.

It's also how I met some really good fishermen here on SOL. They asked me a Q and we became friends. Now they share info. [Thanks for the cell phone call Tom while I was working and you were catching today]

I will still ask my buddies what color they are using if they are hooking up though. Maybe that was me yelling in the dark that night? I just like to know.

D.J.

I have no problem helping someone out or asking . If someone mugs me my attitude changes real quick. Many years ago a guy was banging them while I was struggling. He walked over and gave me the same lure he was using from his bag and told me to take his spot. I started catching them every third or fourth cast for a good hour and a half. He was absolutely delighted and was probably as happy as I was. I will never forget that. That gesture taught me alot about fishing and life. Everone started somewhere.

"We aren't At Large, we're just avoiding the police.."