Which is better Emblem Pro or Cabo?

Rate this topic

geeman

I was thinking about the cabo prior to purchasing my emblem pro. I went with the emblem pro because I wanted the higher line capacity at a lower weight. The emblem 5000 gets something like 310 of 17 lb test on it. I easily got 300 of 50# power pro onto it. the quantum 60 takes 240 of 14#. the70 pts can hold the equivalent to the emblem pro 5000, but that is plus 5 oz. in wt. I heard good things about both reels prior to my purchase, but, went with the line cap of the emblem and haven't been disappointed.

View Posti have had trouble with my cabo 50 anti reverse. but i fixed it verry easily. and grease or oil didnt foul it up. a lil rust did. easily removed once taken a part. the reason why it got rusty is because i dropped it and dunked it in water repeatedly.

Some other examples related to the anti-reverse:

See Angler's post: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...a nti+reverse

See Nightprowler's post: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...anti+rev erse

I have 2 Quantums crap out at the same time.

One was used severely and one was like new.

Customer service at Quantum "rebuilt" both, and charged me

because I couldn't find my receipt, yet the reel was introduced to the market in 06.

So even if the reel was past the one year warranty date it was barely.

Problem is, even after a rebuild the anti-reverse MAGLOK still malfunctions mad.gif

AND my reels were returned smeared with Hot Sauce grease mad.gif

If it's so easy to repair these things how does the factory manage to screw it up headscratch.gif

Destroying psychological barriers to the stateless society of free people since 1966.

I've been trying to kill an Emblem Pro in the Canal for 3 seasons now. Still as smooth as ever. This winter I may take it apart, and service it. cwm27.gif

I'll check for gear wear while I'm in there.

"…if catching fish is your only objective, you are either new to the game or too narrowly focused on measurable results.” - D. Stuver

That will be a post which I'll read with considerable interest, DJ.

I'm wondering how long it'll be before one of our crazed gearheads starts posting in the Reel Maintanence & Repair forum on how he rebuilt his Accurate TwinSpin. Winter's coming, it could happen soon. cwm27.gifcwm27.gifcwm27.gif

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. It doesn't make my choice any easier though. I think the Emblem Pro has less unfavorable comments. I may just flip a coin or see which I can get the best deal on. Someone is selling the Cabos on ebay for $125 now. I can also get the Emblem Pro 5500 for the same price. Difference is the Emblem comes with a spare spool.

Decisions decision....

View PostSome other examples related to the anti-reverse:

See Angler's post: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...a nti+reverse

See Nightprowler's post: http://www.stripersonline.com/surfta...anti+rev erse

I have 2 Quantums crap out at the same time.

One was used severely and one was like new.

Customer service at Quantum "rebuilt" both, and charged me

because I couldn't find my receipt, yet the reel was introduced to the market in 06.

So even if the reel was past the one year warranty date it was barely.

Problem is, even after a rebuild the anti-reverse MAGLOK still malfunctions mad.gif

AND my reels were returned smeared with Hot Sauce grease mad.gif

If it's so easy to repair these things how does the factory manage to screw it up headscratch.gif

how much did they charge you??? next time, send it to me and ill do it for 10% less...deal? btw there was no repairing of any parts, all i did was clean them up. and the A/R bearings (look like small stainless steel barrels) were the only parts to get rust on them. after repeated dunking. the gears, drag, shaft, main bearings, bla bla bla had no rust or wear from salt.