Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richs

BIG swells Sat.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Fished from a boat Sat. a bit east of Newport. The swells were huge- plenty of 15 footers it seemed. They were spread out, so it made for a gentle ride up and down these hills of water. We were near a reef where they were breaking and saw some guys on jet skis towing their buddies on surf boards into position to catch waves. They were nuts. Only once did we have to hit the deck as the capt. gunned it around the face of a steep one.

PS- (we got a bunch of blues trolling and a couple nice bass on scup)

yep, i was out there on a charter..the prioriti one...went out for tuna..and yes the swells were big.... upck.gifupck.gif wish i could get over this puking...but we caught a nice 32 lbs blue fin!

Sat night I was wading knee deep until I got waffled by 3 rollers that went over my head! Almost lost my hat on the 3rd one and lost 2 plugs out of my bag. And this is on Staten Island which is all bay water! eek.gif

I tried to fish the incoming Friday off a jetty down here in NJ. Had to play cast and back up to get away from the waves crashing across the rocks. Big water. Then as it ebbed and went back I was playing land, grab and back-up. Good day though.

Fished Fri. night last of the outgoing, Nice water and a few fish. Tried the incoming and had weeds and rough surf. Sat. night saw the bait guys loaded up with cabbage and didn't make a cast.