Awesome John

Ok heres one..."What is the Dumbest thing you've ever seen a Googan do in the surf?"

Rate this topic

268 posts in this topic

There are many great ones... but the ones that stick out in my mind are...

"I'm cracken up all ready .. hee hee... my hand is on my heart I swear these are real"

The guy casting a pork chop on a Hopkins cause someone told him to "add pork to the tail hook"

The fat lady learning how to cast who was kinda "getting the swing of it" so she decided to really "let one fly" ha haa haa a I can just see it again in front of my eyes... ha aha ha I cant breath!!! so she really leaned back into a real haymaker and in the back cast hooked her poodle and sent the poor critter into the bay... the little guy was freaking out swimming the worng way and she had to real him in! What a fight! Drag and all! aaaaaaaahhhh..ha aha wait a gotta stop for a minute.. I'n dieing here.. they are gonna kick me out of this internet cafe...

Time flies" he composses himself.. drinks coffee... washes face... returns to the keyboard...

Ionce saw a dude having a tug-o-war with 2 racoons over a keeper bass left in the rocks under the light and then fell in the water off the rock when they let go..

And aside from the idiot who cast 8 and bait dead center right into his friends nuts the killer event had to be the guy who was afraid to fish in the dark but was told to fish at night to catch big fish so this poor googan went all out man!!! he had like 7 flares set up on the rocks, one strap light on light on his head one on each arm.. a battey powered floresant on the beach.. man it looked like a scene out of the movie "Strange encounters of the Nerd Kind" and finally the dude (fishing bait) catches a horse shoe crab and takes one look at that ugly thing and freaks out!!! I coulded resist but say to him "Hey Watch out those things grab on to your face and stick their tals down your throught and lay eggs in your stomach!" you shoulda seen the look on that guys face! He left all his tackle and ran to the his car screaming **"Aaaaaah!"** hee hee hee I had to bring him his stuff he could not get out of his car he was that scared....

I felt terrible and brought the crab over to his car to appoligise and explain that it was harmless and he almost ran me down with his car.. he thought I was gonna throw it into his car.. the guy freaked... hee hee hee ... yuk yuk yuk...

Share your gems on this thread....

What was the dumbest thing you ever saw a googan do on the beach? yuk yuk yuk...

**I edited this line**

John...puhleeeeeze!!?! What's it gonna take fer me to get across to you that using different symbols to bypass the vulgar word filter here is not allowed? I love yah man, yah know I do...but yah gotta stop with the curse words...in any form. Funny storiessmile.gif Now stop making me edit yer posts or I'm gettin' Otter a plane ticketcwm13.gif

TimS

[This message has been edited by TimS (edited 02-12-2002).]

Hi Tim.... sorry buddy I wasnt aware of that rule... no problem... "but I was just quoting the Googan" wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Awesome John (edited 02-13-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Awesome John (edited 02-15-2002).]

Nothing so dramatic as yours. I once watched a guy casting to small bluefish with a 704 on a trolling rod, complete with AFTCO unibutt and roller guides. A well-meaning teenager offered him a spare outfit that the kid wasn't using; the guy said something unprintable and the kid retreated. I amused myself by moving next to him. The fish were 70-80 yards out, not a problem for me but beyond his reach. I enjoyed remarking on how easy it was.

Some good stuff John, ROTFLMAO.biggrin.gif

I don't have anything that would even compare to some of the stories that you have but watching the kid fight the bottom of the Ditch for over 2 hours at the Ditch Fling was interesting. Pure determination.wink.gifsmile.gif

------------------

-----------------------

Dubs a.k.a., Charlie

dubs@stripersonline.com

Wasn't in the surf but, I took a buddy down to Virginny for some campin' and Lms. He is a non-fisher, but alot of fun to have around. Anyway, being also a non-swimmer, he elected to stay on shore, and fish a canal for catfish. When I got back from the lake he was in a fight he said had been for twenty minutes already, and must be one of them monster channel cats. I stood and watched for a minute, then walked back to the campsite. Cooked a few hot dogs, then returned to him with the dogs, a beach chair, and a small cooler full of beer. Watched him from camp til it got dark. He eventually came back after a few hours with a small chunk of the stump he had been hooked on.smile.gif I'm laughin' now, ten years later! What determination.

how about the guy that caught the striper out on the shinnecock inlet jetty and while landing it lost it in between the rocks. only the fish fell into this perfect little tidal pool in the intersticial space between the boulders. so he stares at it swimming around just past arms reach. it was his first ever striper from that spot and he's determined to get it. so he rigs up a nasty treble-hook bouquet to snag it. which he does, but the fish goes nuts and fights like hell. here he is now with a small crowd of onlookers all holding their rods out to sea and he's got a rod hell-bent straight down into the middle of the jetty, sweating, drag whizzing. well, the fish gets jammed between two boulders wedging the hooks permanently. only it takes him a while to figure this out and pulls and pulls thinking the fish is fighting him.

dropping his rod finally, he grabs the leader and starts working it with his hands laying flat prone on the rocks jerking and pulling and basically mauling this poor animal with the hooks and barnicles an jagged rocks.

10-15 minutes of yanking he rises up with about 1/3 of a mutilated fishlike blob. and i swear it was like he didn't even realize the small audience he had gathered and whether it was the pride of his first catch or just the relief of finally ending this ridiculous struggle but he actually smiled and said to himself..."hey....a....striper!?"

i will never forget this preposterous spectacle not because i was one of the on-lookers,.......... but because it was me.

oh god. we all have to start somewhere.

[This message has been edited by feltman (edited 02-12-2002).]

I once watched a guy chunk with a fresh water rod with a small little reel with what looked to be at the very least 30lb test mono. He must have had 20 yards of line on the reel if he was lucky. He put on a 4 oz sinker and a whole squid and casted excpet the line was wrapped around the tip. needless to say the top 1/4 of the rod broke off. Pissed off he threw his tackle box pole bucket and bait in the water!! and drove off schreeching tires. I felt kinda bad for him. A bunch of kids who were hanging around took all his stuff.

Being a Googan myselfrolleyes.gif, I should not participate in this thread but I just have to tell somebody. Last time I went surf fishing, my partner (also a Googan) was having a geat time using his foot to return skates to the water. He was sort of lifting them gently with his foot into the wash. We caught alot of skates that day, maybe forty or more, some big one. I spoke to hom two days later and he had strained the ligaments in his knee or something like that. Could not walk very well for over a week. Googans of the world you have met your leader.:> ) HAHAHA

A guy, after landing a short is afraid to touch a striper, grabs it on the bottom lip with friggin' vise grips. When the fish slips, he tightens them down and takes another bite then walks to the surf to attempt to throw back the fish and throws fish, pliers and all into the water. I had it by then and walk over and wade in to retrieve the fish. I release the fish and as the googan is thanking me for getting his pliers, I wing them into the water as far as I can and walk away. He did not say a word. Best of all, he gets stuck trying to leave about the same time as me. He walks over and asks for help. I say, my wife just called me and said she's in the hospital and just had our baby and that the doctor's had to pull the baby out by his lips with pliers and I had to go quick to rescue the baby. Left him there with the greatest GOOGIN look on his face.