Why is the canal.......

Rate this topic

bob_G

the beach, mean when you hook up to a fish that in most cases you will wind up with just the headbiggrin.gif If you are lucky enough . The seals have become so smart they simply wait for you to hook up and when they see you with a bent rod, watch outbiggrin.gif Now should you get lucky and not find a patch of seals looking back at you you may have a chance to pick up a fish or two before you get circled by a pack .

Even fishing in the dark has its challenges along a beach where the seals are swimming of late.

Life member M.B.B.A #509

Life member Izaak Walton Fishing Association

Life member Cape Cod Canal

Its the same as any place or time in history. With or without the internet, word eventually gets out that a particular locale is hot and everyone shows up. Don't you guys remember the 80's and 90's on the outer cape, or even the herring run fishing in May/June during the same period?

This past June was wall to wall at the canal too until the "easy" fish were gone and things quieted back down.

As it stands now, most of the easy fishing is done and the crowds will unquestionably begin to thin back out, IMO.

There's seemingly more people now due to the timing, meaning its the weekend and many surf fishers plan their fall fishing trips around this time.

View PostIt's because of the severe decline in the quality of shore fishing. Flashback 10 years. I could think of more places that I would want to fish then I could actually fish. At the canal at least you see fish, hear fish, or see someone catching a fish.

And for the most part in Southern MA, the boat fishing stinks or is no extant