bob_G

Why is the canal.......

Rate this topic

191 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Says the most redundant poster here ......

Doesn’t calling me redundant in your previous post make this one........redundant?

Just now, Tailslap said:

Doesn’t calling me redundant in your previous post make this one........redundant?

Redundant seems to be your thing so I thought you would appreciate it.

9 mins ago, Tailslap said:

That’s actually not bad :laugh:

33 mins ago, GuiltyAsCharged said:

Redundant seems to be your thing so I thought you would appreciate it.

Are you sure it’s my thing......cause you can’t seem to stop saying it.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Evolution and overharvesting. I believe that eventually, the longer lived, “smarter” or quickest to modify typical migration patterns of the species has to change that migration pattern, due to factors like water conditions, temps, and predation by both seals, sharks, and I have to assume, fishermen as well. 

Its possible that these animals are coming into the canal in smaller numbers. I’ve seen charter boat guide’s online photos for the last several seasons doing well. But they are all going to market or with clients. 

Until the issues are seriously addressed, the best fishermen, with the most productive methods, along with the most lenient of metrics to define a “keeper” sized animal will be still catching. Add the issue of an unsustainable daily limit of fish you can harvest from our neighboring states to the south, the commercial fisherman, catch and release mortality, and probably a dozen more issues beyond what I’ve mentioned here, and the fish has almost no chance to rebound. 

If we wait for someone to legislate the livelihoods of the commercial fisherman, and they should be able to make a living, it will be far too late.

I, personally, think the regulations across all the Atlantic states should be uniform. And we should do a better job of getting fish you shouldn’t keep back in the water. Ourselves. 

Edited by Fsgambellone
Spelling

Play nice, guys. I might be a little rusty from lack of practice, but given enough time---which I have a lot of nowadays--I think I can still figure out how to hide posts and lock threads. :read: 

9 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

they actually let you take your buttons with you through Customs??...

:laugh: :clap:

On 7/12/2019 at 4:00 AM, jettyjockey18 said:

they actually let you take your buttons with you through Customs??...

Customs? I've never gone through customs in Finland. Coming over permanently, I just went through passport control in Iceland. Once you enter Europe via an EU or EEA country, there are no passport controls or customs.

You only go through customs here if you have stuff to declare, and that's pretty much on the honor system. ;)