Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caranx

left handed baitcasting reels - SOL poll

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

We discussed this matter over and over: looks like a good bunch of us is really missing a better assortment of left handed baitcasting reels especially on the bigger sizes (700 etc). Well, maybe, since it seems that a lot of manufacturers nose into this leading forum we can put our hands up in this thread and say how many we are.

Would you like to see more left handed models of baitcasting reels in the market ?

I post the first answer

YES !!!!!!

Ciao

Caranx smile.gif

------------------

disegno_crevalle02.jpg

I personally don't care for lefty baitcasting reels, but certainly agree that there are not enough conventional reels in larger trolling size that are left-handed. I am a lefty but I use regular baitcasting reels. Now, when it comes to the biggies, I need my left hand to crank while I pump with my right.

------------------

So I'm a hard-head...

Fishsignature.gif

YES ! YES ! YES !

PUHLEEZE, someone make some more, better lefthanded baitcasters!!!

------------------

Fishin' is not a sport, it's a philosophy...or something.~ Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.~

Yes, absolutely ! I've been waiting for years.

Can't count the number of occasions I've been asked " When ya gonna get a real reel ?"

I'll tell ya how absolutely left-handed I am. I have trouble walking up and down staircases because the railings are on the right. ( Put my teeth through my bottom lip a couple of times after tumbling down the stairs). It's not just being left handed - it's a brain thing with me.

And also: Driving in London was not picnic !

Yikes ! confused.gif

[This message has been edited by J Powers (edited 12-19-2001).]

Lefties of the world, rise up and unite against the oppression of the so-called "right"-handed world!

Okay so I don't make such a great revolutionary.

My problem is, even though I'm a lefty, I'm so used to casting with right-handed equipment, that it would take some serious re-training for me to cast with a left-handed reel.

Ain't that a bear?

-FWW

Dear Thick Skulled Manufactures.....

We have been pleading to you for ages to make left handed reels!

You do not understand let me explain to you cause you just dont seem to get it..

all left handed conventional reels are not for left handed fisherman....

There is a huge new generation of spinner fisherman who are trying to make the change to conventional gear... these people are used to cranking with their "left hand" from using spinning gear.. It feels weird to them to crank with their right hand!!!

The market is there... We dont want crank with our stinken right hand... we want our strong hand on the rod!!

There is a "new nitch" available to create a new type of market and YOU GUYS ARE SLEEPING!!!!

YOU WILL MAKE ALOT OF MONEY

MONEY DONT YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY???? HUH??

HELLO::: HELLO::: ANYBODY HOME?

READ MY LIPS:::::

LEFT HANDED REELS!!!!!!

LEFT HANDED REELS!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Awesome John (edited 12-19-2001).]