Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigermaple5

"PIMP MY ROD" - Vintage Gear Contest.

Rate this topic

52 posts in this topic

Yes I have over 20 rods for different occasions, roger that whiskey tango. But I really like the Ultra zoom gps adaptable night vision VS with high gloss high tinsel Lambi Bambi attach solid gold guides for extra bling and your home free... Oh and the 6 piece aquahidez suit w mustang water wings and porkers!

Check THIS OUT !!!! >>>

3zIoVXcCgGE

If you haven't seen it really check it out. Perspective Perspective !!! I'm guilty of over shopping for surf gear myself but sometimes I really gotta remember where I come from. And realize most of my old gear will still last longer a little less comfort but I don't fish for comfort or clout I Hunt Water. Heck my old even vintage stuff I still use more than the brand new. Now there's nothing like feeling a new casting rod n reel out for plugs if everthings right. But I can get just as far and present baits the same for thousands less. It's fishing NOT golf !

I suppose I've started this thread to discuss the art of compulsive surf shopping , or maybe to start a pimp my rod contest! Yea That's it >>> Any idea's for a pimp my rod contest....... I'm thinking photo's of pimped out vintage gear R&R combos Old plugs old waders Old whatever related to surf fishing. Gotta run out tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to add my photos. WINNER of the PIMP MY ROD CONTEST Chooses prize from a group of vintage gear. Please submit photo's: : All old Salts Welcome and Wanna be Old Salts like me Welcome as well..... Good Luck digging through the old tackle or opening that glass case! Contest ends Halloween Thanks, PJM. THIS THREAD IS FOR SHARING PHOTOS OF VINTAGE GEAR and discussing it AND WINNING IT! Debates & Argumentative Chatter go elsewhere Thanks!!!

beers.gifkooky.gifdrool.gifheart.gifcwm31.gifbiggrin.gifcwm13.gifpig2.gifcwm27.gifcwm40.gif

Some of the above gear : The green reels are some of my favorite for both drop and casting I just took off the level wind on 2/ They are GLASKYD SHAKESPEARE 2030 and 2020 salt SERVICE REELS> I have 5, 2 for parts, Of-course the 711 ? spinfisher w/ marine painted blue bell, A heddon muskie special with service shakespeare reel, My favorite 1960's spinning rod I'll take photo's of tomorrow.... But the reel for it> is there, The Pacific CENTAURE is the green bail-ess reel with drain holes<<< I LOVE THAT REEL !!!! It Feels better to use than any of my newer stuff. The bottom white rod I stripped down Sanded the glass + new guides 2 colors wood stain new epoxy, twine, and a 1975 shakespeare Baitcaster salt , The red white and blue reel! Which is for fluke but I had to put it in there. I named it the flukeskywalker !!! More to come this week, I'm lovin the photo's so far from you guys ! Thanks for joining in, Patrick.

Everyone vote on halloween and I'll send a choice prize from a group of vintage gear, if you wish to add to the prize pool with your photo go for it. I'm adding a vintage berkley big game with centaure bailess reel later this week....Coolest Old Vintage Surf Gear Vote Wins We'll vote starting the week before halloween. Good Luck Grandpa Lovers.

TM5,

I stripped that top rod (the white one with the reddish wooden handle) recently and am in the process of rebuilding it into a boat rod for the kids.

I'll post some pictures when it's done.

I've got a thing for rebuilt vintage rods.

Thank you So far for the great photo's. Sorry for the jumbled message at the beginning of this contest, it just kinda fell together and now I think it's going to be really cool. Just add a photo of any vintage saltwater / surf gear and we'll all vote the last week of october, Winner announced Halloween and prizes shipped out the day after. I've added a new prize to the pool, a vintage minty 7" green n yellow lip swimmer. I would love any advice on how to improve this contest, I've only been a member for 3 months, and Love This site, Good Luck I hope you want to join and send a photo. Please IF ANY SENIOR MEMBERS or ANYONE HAS ADVICE TO MAKE THIS BETTER OR MORE FUN I"D REALLY LIKE THAT>.....................................GOOD LUCK

P.S> Extra Vintage Prizes are MORE than welcome to add to the prize pool, I will post photo's of Prizes thursday..................Thanks, Patrick.beers.gifcwm40.gifbiggrin.gif

(((((((UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : UPDATE , So it's clear The PRIZES WILL BE PUT TOGETHER OVER THE DURATION OF CONTEST> THE PHOTO"S YOUR SHOWING ARE NOT PRIZES BUT JUST FOR US TO SEE AND DECIDE WHAT"S THE BEST PEICE OF OLD GEAR !!!!YOUR NOT GIVING AWAY ANYTHING FROM YOUR COLLECTION !!!! PRIZES SO FAR ARE MINTY VINTAGE PLUGS AND A MOVIE ON SURF FISHING FROM THE 1950's. )))))))

I collect the z series penns, so I'd love a shot at that 704, or at that other green one.

My gear isn't really that old, but ts all I got. I ransacked the place and couldn't find anything. Its mostly my dads, but the rod hes giving to me.

In the picture is a box of gibbs and a few ss. The gibs were bought 23 years agowhen my dad and my uncle paul spent all there money on a few hundred gibbs lures on a store going out of buisness. The rod was the first one my dad wrapped, and hes going to let me use it this fall, its an 11 foot and wrapped a long time ago. The boots are from when my dad was around my age (which smell rank) and so is the belt. He got the belt used and Its sorta heavy.

I know some people are gonna have a lot more vintage stuff. I'll see if we have anymore when my dad gets home later.

dsc02063hp0.jpg

Thank you for the chance! Good karma & major points for the man upstairsbiggrin.gif

Nick

By the way- would you consider the z series penns vintage gear? I can get them If they are.

I may have some stuff but don't know when I will get to my parents to get pics of some of it. and it the stuff is only pimped with hard use like all good stuff form back in the day.

Montauk: I have two ultra light rods that are wrapped exactly like that with ss guides as well. one I think has a snapped tip and the other the real seat is put on wrong but it still got some good use with the snappers.

Sorry about earlier, I deleted my message complaining about certain remarks.. It's all good..... I think this is going to turn into A Very Cool Contest!! I've added a nice Old 8" Lip Swimmer in green and yellow to the WINNERS POOL. Keep the photo's comin' It's also a good learning opurtunity to see where some of these new very exspensive reels got their design from. Such as the (( CENTAURE PACIFIC )) These reels are sweet for the surf 10% of the price of a VS and in my opinion feel better to fish with, Kind of like old carpentry tools an old stanley ( 312 v.s Lie nielsen ) Both are awesome but the older tools just "feel better" in your hand. New Ideas or Changes, for this contest are open and welcome.... Prize additions to the pool are welcome. Just Post a Photo and we'll all vote last week of October we vote here together most votes WINS smile.gif GOOD LUCK and keep the GREAT photo's coming in. P.s. If anyone want's to put together a small group for night surf fishin in the brooklyn area I'm Game.....

Buddy system!!! Saves Lives! Semper Fi Fish or Die.. Thanks for making this contest fun ! PJM

View PostI collect the z series penns, so I'd love a shot at that 704, or at that other green one.

My gear isn't really that old, but ts all I got. I ransacked the place and couldn't find anything. Its mostly my dads, but the rod hes giving to me.

In the picture is a box of gibbs and a few ss. The gibs were bought 23 years agowhen my dad and my uncle paul spent all there money on a few hundred gibbs lures on a store going out of buisness. The rod was the first one my dad wrapped, and hes going to let me use it this fall, its an 11 foot and wrapped a long time ago. The boots are from when my dad was around my age (which smell rank) and so is the belt. He got the belt used and Its sorta heavy.

I know some people are gonna have a lot more vintage stuff. I'll see if we have anymore when my dad gets home later.

dsc02063hp0.jpg

Thank you for the chance! Good karma & major points for the man upstairsbiggrin.gif

Nick

By the way- would you consider the z series penns vintage gear? I can get them If they are.

NICK, VERY VERY NICE !!!!!!!! I'm adding my old casting rod tomorrow. I really like the wrapping and the (GiBBS)? rod... PRIMO !!!! About the z series I think so put it in, We all vote together and learn as we go. I think this is gonna be very cool. Thanks for the additions!!! Pat

View PostGive me a month or so (probally not untill the 2nd or 3rd weekend in october) to get pics of my grandfathers (mabey even his fathers or grandfathers) wooded fisihng rod

Thanks, I can't wait I Love this stuff ! and think It'll be fun for everyone to see the mix of old gear.... Patrick