Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve S

Bob Bottino

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I'm sure a lot of the Central Jersey guys know Bob and this is a little premature but he is in Kimball Medical Center in Lakewood and very close to death as he looses his fight with lung cancer. I stopped to say goodbye this evening and was shocked to see how devestating this disease is, he looked more like a concentration camp survivour. I just wanted to thank him for the tremendous amount of knowledge and information he shared with me in the years we fished together, and while we haven't fished together for a number of years I will miss him. Anyone else who would like to see Bob one last time would be advised to do so very quickly. Steve

That's so sad, Bob was definitely one of those guys took the time to share with others all that he'd learned. He will be missed by many...

TimS

I do not know Bob but lost my dad and mother-in-law to cancer many years ago. I also have a good friend who is currently terminally ill with cancer and am myself a cancer survivor. Only those who have walked the road as patients and family members know the fear and heartache of this dread disease to its fullest extent.

Bob, may God grant you peace and may your final days be pain free. For this, and for his family to be strong, I pray.

Spigola frown.gif

Tom, to know Bob is to know he lived for the controversy he created, remember the Montauk Bob sweatshirt he wore? Spag I couldn't agree with you more, my wife is cancer free for 1 year and the effects are far reaching and affect all my children, myself and my wife.

Bob was a great guy and I'll miss him. I remember to this day when I was a 13 year old kid trying to dart herring at Deal Lake, I could'nt get one to save my life. Bob was there and he gave me some really good herring darts and showed me how to use em, he took the time when all the other guys pushed me to the side. Also remember numerous times that he would give me half a dozen softie calico crabs to fish with when thats all them summer time bass would eat. I cant make it down to Lakewood to see him, but Bob, your in my prayers, God Bless.

I am proud to say that I learned a huge amount of fishing knowledge from Bob, I have had the chance to fish with him many times, and have shared many a good story with him. I'm sorry I cant get to the hospital to see him, but he is in my prayers, and I will think of him often when I fish crabs. I can here his words now, " your bait needs to be out where there is some lift"