Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fletchisgreat

ZeeBaas- double or single line roller

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Had a chance to look at one yesterday and the owner had changed his from dual to single because a couple of times he had hung on the second roller when casting.... I never understood the need for two and always wondered if that might mot be a problem when casting.'ll probably never own one, but my suspicions were confirmed. I have short fingers and that compounds the problem of making sure the line is clear of the pickup/roller. So did he.

i have the 027 with the double roller i love the reel and have no issues with it i caught bass up to 40#s on it and had no problems

the only thing is when fishing at night and u put the line on the pick up with out looking ur not shore witch one picked it up

the only other thing is the rubber o rings on the knob keep comming off

hope this helped chris

I have the ZX2.2, dual roller. I have made it a habit to just spin the rotor so it could not catch, and never has. I don't even I realize I do it now. It is nice for a quicker pick up. When going to cast sometimes I finger the wrong roller usually @ night, but then just a quick 1/2 spin and your back in business. Either one you'll be happy with the reel.

The 2 pickups negate the need for a counter balance as on VS reels. They serve no other purpose than that!

I have a ZX22 and have hung it up a couple times. It appears the 25/27 have the pick ups much further apart which is probably good.

View PostThe 2 pickups negate the need for a counter balance as on VS reels. They serve no other purpose than that!

I have a ZX22 and have hung it up a couple times. It appears the 25/27 have the pick ups much further apart which is probably good.

That's what I said when the ZBs came out--it was the only way he could design a wobble-free reel cwm27.gif

how much can you possibly need two pickups? isn't one enough? should people start forming lines, demanding that Rob puts 4 on instead so you only hace to turn the hanle 1/4 turn before getting the line on the roller?cwm13.gif why dontcha put two steering wheels in your car. ya know, so whatever side you get in on you can steer from. I've never had a problem with just one pickup on my penns or VS's. save yourself the time and aggrivation and jsut get a single pickup.

unrelated to the pickups, if you end up getting a ZB just make sure you give it a good lookover (internally as well). have been hearing of a few guys lately that had brand new reels, missing gaskets and screws.cwm31.gif

I'm sure most are aware that the piece that would be supplied to replace the removed second pick-up has a counter-weight attached.

View PostI'm sure most are aware that the piece that would be supplied to replace the removed second pick-up has a counter-weight attached.

A buddy was have some problems with his 27 and just order the counter-weight. I think it is only about $30.

I have a 27 with two rollers that i just converted to a single roller, I was having problems with the line catching the rollers. I fished the reel today and still had some hangups but i have the reel loaded with line for tuna. With one roller the reel is very balanced and i didn't notice a change in feel. I have fished this reel hard and can say i'm very happy with the durability, it has spent alot of time under water striper fishing and has 4 bluefins over the #100 mark without failure.

Also the counter balence is $48, you can't get anything ZeeBass for cheap.

I have the ZX22 with dual rollers. I have gotten hung up on the roller just once.

I now know where to rotate the spool and it hasn't gotten caught since.

Chris