Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HardyG

Huge Weather Change Coming!

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

looks like a mora auger.gotta shim the crap out of the blades or they won't cut for crap.ask me how i know rolleyes.gif i'm on the hunt for a nills master.tried one out last year on the ice.cuts through a foot of ice with unbelievable ease.

guzz

looks like a mora auger.gotta shim the crap out of the blades or they won't cut for crap.ask me how i know rolleyes.gif i'm on the hunt for a nills master.tried one out last year on the ice.cuts through a foot of ice with unbelievable ease.

guzz

Guzz- you sound like a man who really knows his augers. What do you catch under that ice?

Walt,

just about everything that you get when the water is soft.panfish,trout,pickerel,and pike mostly round out the norm.but i have seen musky,catties,and largemouths come up through the ice.and believe it or not,a muskrat once eek.gif scared the living crap out of me.i like to mix it up as far as fishing goes,so i really love my time on the ice.i just got all my vacation days back.looks like i'll be burning a few up in the upcoming weeks biggrin.gif

guzz

Guzz- steelworker in Pa. Remember Phoenix Steel? Worked there as Assis to superintendant of steel production for a few years. Two electric furnaces, vacuum degasser, bottom pour ingots and two very poor Concast continuous casters. First ever built with a radius too short. Would hit the straightening roller and crack like hell. Kept the scarfers working full time. OK enough of the past.

Down here, a lot fish for perch through the ice at Collins Cove in SNJ.

Walt

guzz

Still using my Dad's chisel.

Walt,

ahh a fellow foundry rat.seems weird talking about that stuff outdide of the joint.i'm in the foundry for 16 years now.poured some iron for a bit,but mostly molding work.work on a production line now coring up molds.it used to be a gray ductile iron foundry,but we swithed over to chrome and stainless now.we make pumps.pour castings as samll as ten pounds.and as large as a couple ton.have five electotherm furnaces.most hold around eight to ten thousands pounds.o.k like you said,enough of that stuff.you actually get ice in south jersy? does frank try to use one of his half and halfs down the hole? smile.gif

Sasquatch,

your dad's chisel? you still dragin' the spud bar around too? smile.gif i thought my ancient mora was bad,but you got me beat.your a better man than me dude.

guzz

ahh no ice please...yellow perch finally turned on real good under some local bridges frown.gif

i doubt well see thick ice this year, that damn 2 inch ice is the worst, pain in the butt to break up underneath the bridges (with long sticks and rocks smile.gif )to fish through and too thin to walk on