Fall Fling.. whats going on????

Rate this topic

big country

What Time? who's coming? whos bringing what? whats da dilly yo???

Im assuming that no one needs bunker. Ill bring for myself and who ever wants to come with me.

am I going to have dem ribs, or no?

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

It's gonna be 2pm on Saturday 11/15/03 at the OBI parking lot. The Fall Fling page is now updated to reflect the specifics of this year's gathering smile.gif

OK, this is it, Fall Fling, this weekend, Long Island, west end, OBI parking lot smile.gif

I was trying to work out some way for a Friday night meeting...but too many folks gotta work and setting up a time and place to meet up would be tough. So we're gonna do it the same way as last year - right down to the times and places smile.gif

Fall Fling IV

We are gonna need a few things:

1. A large grill.

2. A grub burner or grub burners.

3. Garbage bags.

4. Drinks.

5. Burgers, dogs and/or other burnables.

I can pick up anything and everything necessary if need be - food, condiments, buns, plates, napkins, soda, water, garbage bags, etc. The real need is for a grill or two and a griller or two smile.gif

We still need a grill redface.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

As stated elsewhere I've got an 18" weber kettle I'm bringing, along with the charcoal and starter. I can burn grub OK. I'll also bring some good sausage /peppers & onion. I'll be there early (1 pm or so cause the late afternoons have been too interesting lately (before the big blow)to be sitting in an abandonded parking lot eating). Jeff the rib man ain't coming so ya'all gotta set your sights a little lower.

I have a small weber charcoal grill I can bring, if necessary.

I will also volunteer some boneless ribs. Im sure they wont be as good as last year, but what will a fling be without ribs??

Mike,

Ill bring the Ugly stick as we discussed and also the box for that Abu, a year late.. LOL

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

BC, if yah can get good, crunchy bunker, count me in for 6 please smile.gif

Good deal on the grills guys, they'll help smile.gif If anyone is planning on coming that lives nearby and can transport a fair sized gas grill, that would be a monstrous help icon14.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

any suggestions on drinks?

soda, water, ice tea? BEEEER?

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

FYI... news alert. It will next to impossible to get frsh Bunker this weekend. my guy hasnt even seen them in two weeks. there is a shot at a couple of shops, but I dont have connections there. I might be able to pick up some if they have.

another possible bait. the fish that I caught the other night had peanut bunker and the remnants of squid in its belly. maybe whole fresh squid wouldnt be a bad bait. they'll always eat it.

BC