Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tomasas

Lamiglas does it again!

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

broke a tip of my XRA 1084 1 piece last tuesday... was trying to fit 12-15# fish in between the rocks when i heard "snap"... right between 2nd and 3rd guides...

couple of e-mails to and from Todd Vivian were very helpfull... icon14.gif

got a call from Lamiglas warranty dept today... they'll be shipping a new 1084 blank to me immediatelly...

now that's a customer service icon14.gif ...

Thanks Lamiglas and Todd again!

It's a shame you don't have an Otter near you, they're very helpful for retrieving fish from difficult places smile.gif

Lamiglas stands behind their rods - 100% of the time...and I've heard the same thing from 100% of the people I've heard from regarding Lamiglas warranty. Now that's pretty impressive, I hear from lots of people icon25.gif

TimS

Broke the tip of my 1084 last month and received a brand new one last week biggrin.gif . I had a one piece and they sent me a two piece which is actually better since Ive been wanting one that fits in my wifes car when we go on vacation. Just out of curiosity do they still make a one piece or did they discontinue it?

That's odd that they replaced a one piece with a two piece without you requesting that they do so. They'be always been extremely understanding...like when I busted a two piece and asked for a one piece, they sent it smile.gif Must have been a stock issue and a factory rod, not a blank. There are times when they are outta stock on certain models...maybe that's what happened?

Tomasas, shoot Todd an email to make sure he know you want a one piece replacement blank...just in case smile.gif

TimS

I won the 1084 in the Tom Melton auction and as a result, I had a few email exchanges with Todd at Lamiglas. He informed me that the factory built rod only comes in 2-piece spinning. I was hoping for a 1 piece conventional, either way it's a very nice rod and I'll keep it in my truck for those fishing "emergencies" that pop up now and then. I'm not sure, but I would think that you could get it as a blank in one piece.