Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianZ

Howdy All... good to be home I think

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone and I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday.

Key West and Islamorada were fun. Me and the Girlfriend actually fished a few times. She wanted to go. In Key West we booked kayak fishing trip around some of the secluded mangrove islands and flats and had a blast i lost a tarpon 50lb+ that popped 15lb mono like it wasn't even there all i said was i wish i had braid, the guide was good and knowledgeable but his equipment left a little to be desired. all in all it was a good time to watcht the girlfriend put her own shrimp on the jig and unhook and release nice size mangroves.

In Islamorada we got out twice and one of the trips with my capt. friend we fished a very productive patch reef and caught two nice mutton snappers in 6lb class many 3-5lb cero mackerel 6 just short grouper and countless other grunts, snappers,cudas, and even some large porgy's. all fishing was lite tackle(8' rods and 12 or 15lb mono on spinning tackle).

I had a very good time fishing with the girlfriend and she had a blast bendin the rod... now if i could only convince that fishing is as much if not more fun in the dead of nite and 25degrees we'll be set wink.gif

yo Beez! wasabee! glad to have ya back. just isnt the same walking da beach with no hope of bumping into a guy more excited than a blue butt monkey on caffine! love that one biggrin.gif

aint nuttin like mutton!

ya missed zilch btw

Alright Brian

You got to fish . You da man . I think your girl really wanted to fish she just had to be in the right place to do it .

Bring her along slowly now she has had a taste . Then before you know it shell be begging you to take her .

Good for you .

Welcome Back...glad ya had fun. Now all I want to know is....WHERE ON EARTH WAS THAT BLITZ YOU PROMISED WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN YA LEFT??????? biggrin.gif

Otter's right...you didn't miss a thing here. Good for you, bad for us. biggrin.gif

------------------

---- Facin' East ----

---- Reel Ranger ----

Yo, Brian, way to go! There's nothing to do down there except swim, drink and fish.

Well, I'm glad you're back cause the fish disapeared when you headed south and by the Squidlips post it seems they may be back.