Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DMala

Garmin GPS-V - feedback request

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

...still deciding which unit to buy. It turns out that the Magellan series has some software limitations if I want to use both turn-by-turn driving directions and marine chart programs. Also, if you add the cost of the memory cards and of the individual CDs, the base price goes up quite a bit.

A possible alternative could be the Garmin GPS -V, which comes preloaded with turn-by-turn driving directions programs, has some basic coastal info, and is fully compatible with detailed navigational charts for the built-in 19 Mb memory. I found good prices on a package deal with accessories.

Any user who could tell me what his/her experience has been? Thanks

DMala

I've had mine for a little over a year and I'm quite happy with it. The wife was a little skeptical at first, but after I set it up for her to use for appointments on the road, she came around. Works good on beach as well as the road. Use it all the time on road trips. A lot of features for the money IMHO. If you need more info, PM me.

SV

You got me interested in this. anyone have a view if it makes sense to get the Garmin Street Pilot III for twice the money. It adds color and voice directions and maybe more - I am just starting research. Sounds like a LOT of money at $600 plus. Are the voice dorections a lot more help when driving alone at night or do the beeps of the lower priced unit accomplish what you need?