Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ErikT

Spring Gameplan

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

March 15-April whatever... Sandworms\\light jigs\\flyrod

April, once the bunkies show, CHUNK CHUNK CHUNK with an occasional pluggin and or fly-rod trip..

May, more Chunkin and an attempt at weakfishing w\\ the flyrod

June, all of the above.. with at least a weeks worth of trips to the front NJ beaches if it happens yet again..

This is just what I plan to do and of course it is all subject to change depending on the fish!

So let's hear your top level gameplans..

Regards,

ErikT

well, my club is back in the interclub tourny this year, so Ill be targeting big fish mostly... Ill be chunking nite tides when the binkies show up, 5-7 nights a week. then Ill switch on the moons to targeting weakfish in may and june and also fishing further out east on LI. Ill continue to chunk as well, and give the end of june and early july most of my effort chunking the south shore.

summertime, Ill chunk some blues up, throw plugs at teen fish in montauk, bucktail the jetties hoping for a monster and getting ready for some major chunking in the fall, with weeknight trips to the jetties bucktailing...

God I cant wait!!

BC

kiss.gif well i have a little one due on the 1st of april so i'll be limited on the outings.i'll probally do some local del. river fishing starting on good friday.when the baby gets here and the lady gets up and around clapping.gif i'll hit the jetties and try and find um.i always start on the south side of barnegat done well early so i plan on doing the same.than move it over to the family time spot ibsp (i'm glad she likes it hammer-time.gif )and hit the back side and hope the weakies run there after the mess.good luck to all and god bless.

Kayak + Clams + Bayside waters = first stripers of the season.

Oh Hatman, your gonna get clams on your yak, yuck. You got it all wrong man - Kayak + Sissy Rod + Bayside waters = first stripers of the season. wink.gif

tongue.gif

Usually I start down south looking for the tiderunners in mid March. This year I'll be looking to best my 7 pounder. Then I'm gonna start practicing throwing wood since I just picked up a few new plugs this year. Until now I was only throwing plastic and rubber. By June I'll be snagging bunker for the cows, and then hopefully a big mako to get paid wink.gif

D@mn groundhog, is it Spring yet? smile.gif

clams, then clams, and then...I will give the clams a try, after that.....clams, in between a few flou flous, a little tog-o-mania, bunky dunky for the big monkey, and then...have I mentioned clams?

Susquehanna Flats for LARGE C&R in early to mid April.

Shad in the Susquehanna River in late April.

Kayak bayside in South Jersey with Storms and chunks in May. Will try for Weakies as well.

Surf and Jettys in late May/June. Everywhere...

Surf at night with anything Black. Dawn or Dusk with Poppers in June/July/August

Then the fall Run.

Kayak + Clams + Bayside waters = first stripers of the season.

Oh Hatman, your gonna get clams on your yak, yuck. You got it all wrong man - Kayak + Sissy Rod + Bayside waters = first stripers of the season. wink.gif

tongue.gif

Yeah I know but it's what produces for me. biggrin.gif You know I've been toying with the idea of getting a sissy rod for some time but have yet to take the plunge. redface.gif