Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassAckwards

Another just curious...

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I wish I was a "sharpie"!

I get out about 50 times a year, mostly at night (I have to sneak out when the wife & kids are asleep). My wife wonders why I am always tired...

Caught approx 5 stripers over 28" last year; a big drop from the previous year. Lots of the smaller variety. All by fly or plugs in the OC/Corson's Inlet area.

I find myself sleeping with my black bomber...and liking it!

I really have no idea.Let's see.....

I go fishing whenever it suits me so I guess I probably fished for stripers about 60 or 70 days (actually nights) this year.I would guess I caught a couple hundred bass.Mostly smaller fish (under 30")Maybe about 2 dozen to 30 over 30".I fish for a lot of other stuff other than bass though.I figure I average 3 fish per trip.Sounds about right.

When I used to keep a fishing log that's about what I would average then too.Except I used to fish more.biggrin.gif

maybe 45, im over an hour to pt pleasent and almost 1:20 to the hook, thats alot of gas money for an 18 year old. This spring was great. dont knwo how many i caught maybe 75 over all, biggest being 34" and fat as can be in the fall. Plus add in tons of weakies and some very very nice ones at that, bunch of good fluke and some blues, it was a good year. Just gotta move closer to the shore.

I thought I posted on this before, but it disappeared into cyberspace. strange....

About 60 times.

CnR I don't feel qualified to answer your question. Maybe next year.

------------------

If it's draggin' it ain't braggin'

Bruce

How many times this past year...couldn't tell you that not important to me. Like many I took off August mainly due to bugs and to recharge the cookie jar with points. If I had to guess it would be over 75 times, but that's just a guess. As far as "keepers" go...didn't count, don't care. Did keep 5 or 6 for the table though (Yum).

I'm personally not hung up on the quantity of trips but try to focus on the quality of the trip. More importantly, it is not how much you fish or how many you catch but how much you enjoy your self. If I wanted to rack up huge numbers of fish I would go back to trolling wire. My goal for every trip is to have fun, enjoy my time outdoors, have fun with the people I fish with and if I catch fish it makes it that much better.

LIStriper

I have no idea how many times I went fishing . I dont keep track cause that would leave me open to alot of information which I dont have the brain cells for . I do know it was a slower year than most I remember . I do remember to fish over 25lbs ( that may have just been a dream but my arms hurt after so I think I caught them myself ) in RI . I know id like to get out every night but I know I didnt .

So my answer is I went fishing probably 50 times or more but less than 200 .

Having the pleasure of living 1 block from the beach and living on an island, I go @ 3-4 times a week averaging @ 180-200 days. Sometimes its just 2 0r 3 hours. Sometimes Twice in one day (high and then low tides). It all dependeds on the time of year. Spring and fall religiously 5-6 times a week. Especalliy if the fish gods are good to me smile.gif. This is my theraphy smile.gif

------------------

Got out fishing around 80 times last year, probably 75% boat/25% beach. Not sure how many of these were specifically targeting bass, but I'd guess around 30 or so. Can't say how many 28+ inch fish, but overall I'd say it was a pretty good Oct/Nov.