Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinFEEver

Polaris Style Poppers

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Who makes your favorite polaris or little neck style popper?

I asked about pencils, now polaris. I've always had better luck with them anyhow.

My favorite is Gibbs. Superstrike also makes a good one, but I haven't gotten as many fish on that one as on the Gibbs.

I have had more success with the Gibbs too but now I am worried about their quality(see my 2.5 oz Polaris post). If I find more of their poppers cracking, I will have to just use the Super Strikes.

Habs makes a nice Lil Scraper, Polaris style and so does Big Don's. Cost is alittle more but their finish holds up better than Gibbs, Superstrikes are indestructible (Plastic) but seem like they dig in deeper, that may just be my thinkin but thats the way I see it and if Im fishing a popper I want it dancin on top.

Highlander...

Habs makes a polaris style? Tell me where to find em, I thought he only made straight poppers..

As to the SS digging in more.. I find the sinker digs a lot more for obvious reasons.. The floater gives off the biggest splash I can find on a popper.. But the sinker catches more fish.. wink.gif

ErikT

Erik- I may be mistaken on the Habs I dont actually own any but I recall seeing them up in RI in the Weekapaug B&T I think, and thinking they looked just like Big Dons and I also remeber an article and advertisemnet about them where Sergio was catchin Roosters on them, does any of this ring a bell or am I seeing things again!!

I like the super strike little neck 1.5 oz size. Casts a mile, nice action, multiple color choices.

Before I knew better wink.gif I even fished them at night eek.gif and guess what, I caught bass!

Yes I make a LITTLE NECK style in a 7/8 oz thur wire popper ,can't use the P word ... If there is enough intrest I would make some larger ones . Have made them up to 3.5 oz before...............J. Habs

Hi John--I think there'd be a huge demand for both a 3-1/2 and 2-1/2 "P-style" popper.

Poppers for the new "Millenium" eh?

John - will they have a space age finish? I hope not, cause finishes have come a long way since the 70's, I much prefer the finish you've been using recently wink.gif

How's the back John? I recall you were goin' for an MRI or something recently - they gonna be able to put you back together? smile.gif

TimS

Your straight poppers are awesome.. I would definitely like to see the same finish on some *olaris style poppers.. With embedded eyes too..hehe..

ErikT

John H, we'll all love to see some of your "P" style poppers I hope you have some ready to show tongue.gif . BTW, Surelures make some great bottle poppers: they cast like a bullet, swim like a beauty and raise tons of water. They float too

ciao

Nicola smile.gif